Thread: OTAR - XTS5000

Thanks

Default OTAR - XTS5000

What kind of data does the radio (say xts5000 vs APX 8000) send back in a RE-KEY request.
    Trying to figure out how once you had a radio on a system how would re-keying help as all the radios currently working will work after the re-key.

Does the TIA doc for OTAR go into this?

Some reason I got fascinated buy OTAR recently.

Thanks...

Thanks

We program all radios on our systems with a rekey button. It does not get used often, since as you say the radios typically roll over to the latest keys automatically. It comes in handy for radios which aren't used often, such as spares or special event radios, which can go months without being turned on & won't be current. You simply do a rekey request with them once they have context activated with the system (ie: obtained an IP address as shown by the IP icon on the display, or with IP menu button), and they immediately get the latest keyset.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GasdaSoftware View Post
    What kind of data does the radio (say xts5000 vs APX 8000) send back in a RE-KEY request.
    There *should* be no difference between how an Astro25 (XTS) radio and an APX request rekeys from an Astro25 KMF. MattSR would be the one to answer that question.

I can tell you that radios can be queued for automatic rekey on the KMF side with the option to switch keysets or not (full versus optimized update.) User selectable rekey request has to be enabled in the radio's programming both as a menu/button option and in the KMF profile, but I *think* the option is enabled by default in the KMF itself.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."