Thread: XTL Help!

Thanks

Default XTL Help!

Hi Group; Well I just joined this site and it seems the members here are more helpful and will supply answers to your questions. After YEARS of walking on egg shells and having to reword questions on that other group this is nice. Is there any other way to update my Firmware on my XTL's I have several and they all have different FW. I do have a Motorola account and can order a iButton but I think the price they want per radio is outrageous. I know people that have offered to do it for me but I can't be with out my radios. I would appreciate any input. Thanks, Bill

Thanks

Contact me via pm.

Jason

Thanks

I would recommend that you use the ibutton to update the units but there is the "dirty method" to update the radios. This will update them but there are some minor parameters that don't update. However they units will function fine.
    Last edited by Pezking; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: spelling

maxkelley No Longer Registered

Along the same lines (not trying to hijack the thread), but how do you get into service mode on the XTL1500?
    EDIT: Nevermind, asked before I searched, found it out. For future reference, hold orange button and rightmost soft-key while powering on.
    Now, I tried flashzap to upgrade firmware and am finding that it's not working... Can't get past the CPS complaining about not having an iButton. This is for an XTL1500.
    Last edited by maxkelley; Dec 02, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks

Intall the ibutton before running CPS and check the port. You should be able to read the flash using the tools menu.