Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Anytone AT-D878UV - excellent tech radio

Thanks

What are the tones of the other dept that it's alerting on, do you know? Seems pretty odd if you only have 1 set of tones programmed and it's alerting on something completely different. I have my departments tones in my radio (3 stations) and haven't observed any issues but I can't say I've used it a lot.

Thanks

In the analog channel setup you can pick which of the 16 tone sets you want to use.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Forts For This Useful Post:

Notarola (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Default Anytone AT-D878UV - Excellent Tech Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    OK it sounds like all 16 are active. If there are tones associated with each memory then maybe thats why your getting phantom decodes. Look at the per channel options and see if there is a way to select just the one memory in the tone decoder. If not set all the other memories to something weird like 1090hz/1050hz
    Thank you for the reply. I am trying that now. I deleted all of the other 2 tone memories, so I will see if this helps.

Thanks

As forts said. if you can Id the other tones setting the raio off then you can use that to also track down whats going wrong.

Thanks

Default Anytone AT-D878UV - Excellent Tech Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    As forts said. if you can Id the other tones setting the raio off then you can use that to also track down whats going wrong.
    Since deleting the other tone pairs that I wasn't using, I haven't had a problem.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim1348 For This Useful Post:

mitaux8030 (1 Week Ago),PSEhub (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

I think the AES256 is still broken for F/W version 1.19. I cannot get an 878 to talk to a 578 with AES256 enabled on both radios or visa-versa. Simple key of all 1's was used to test. I also tried a randomly generated key, same results. My 878 has other weirdness happening when AES is enabled. When on a secure channel and PTT is pressed the radio transmits for about 1 second and stops transmitting on its own. The radio continues this behavior even if switched to a non secure channel. The radio must be power cycled to clear this. I only have the two Anytone radios to test AES256 with. Both ghetto versions of encryption work ok for both radios.
    "I Just did 110 down this ******* road" - J. Dewitte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mototom View Post
    I think the AES256 is still broken for F/W version 1.19. I cannot get an 878 to talk to a 578 with AES256 enabled on both radios or visa-versa. Simple key of all 1's was used to test. I also tried a randomly generated key, same results. My 878 has other weirdness happening when AES is enabled. When on a secure channel and PTT is pressed the radio transmits for about 1 second and stops transmitting on its own. The radio continues this behavior even if switched to a non secure channel. The radio must be power cycled to clear this. I only have the two Anytone radios to test AES256 with. Both ghetto versions of encryption work ok for both radios.
    Did you try mitaux8030's work around yet, with adding at least two AES keys, and don't use the last key?

Quote Originally Posted by mitaux8030 View Post
    OK, partly my mistake, partly a bug.
    All keys ARE working fine, I had the key index offset by one for some of my keys. Matched them all and everything is fine.

But... there is still a definite bug where the very last encryption key defined in the 878 is unable to be selected in CPS properly. Attach it's index to a channel and it looks fine. Go out of that channel and back into the channel edit interface and the index is back to 'off'. Workaround for the time being: enter a dummy last key, and just don't use it.
    I'll bug report that.

But otherwise, AES is working fine (after fixing my index issue)