Thread: Beep when changing into some talkgroups APX6000

Thanks

Default Beep when changing into some talkgroups APX6000

On *my(agency) APX6000 unit when I switch between talkgroups using the 16 position knob some talk-groups will beep when I hit them.
    In this case one is our TA channel.

I was looking at the code plug but it is not jumping out at me what makes that talkgroup beep when you land on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 634 Posts

The beep is to let you know you are switching between trunk systems or leaving a trunk system for a conventional channel. It cannot be disabled.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Aug 06, 2019),Avery Johannssenn (Aug 07, 2019),GasdaSoftware (Aug 05, 2019),p47r4ck (Aug 13, 2019)

Thanks

Iíve never heard of this before. What is this setting called?

Thanks

My 7k does not beep when switching between trunked to conventional within a zone. Latest FW.

However it does beep after the channel announcement, no beep when there is no channel announcement.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

My 6000 on FW 15.x doesnt do this either, do you know what FW enabled that? Sounds like it would irritate the hell out of my end users

Thanks

Any chance you can record a video of the display of the radio when you switch to a mode that causes it to beep?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TESTMODE View Post
    Any chance you can record a video of the display of the radio when you switch to a mode that causes it to beep?
    Last night I was playing with it, and was not getting the beep when moving into the TA talkgroups. Started thinking I was going crazy until it happened again.

So what I noticed this time while paying attention, the beep happens only after the IP link is made on the trunked talkgroups. Once that link is made then the beep happens when I move to a TG that does not have an IP link.
    When it was not beeping was because the radio had not yet made the IP link so spinning the dial did not cause the beep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GasdaSoftware For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Aug 08, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GasdaSoftware View Post
    So what I noticed this time while paying attention, the beep happens only after the IP link is made on the trunked talkgroups.
    They are right, it is tied to systems with IV&D enabled and only occurs when the radio is switched off of a system that it is context activated on. I never noticed because just about every Moto system has IV&D enabled now. ;p

I did poke around in a portable codeplug and couldn't find anything that jumped out at me as being tied to "alert when leaving a context activated system," but the System Registration Indication under Display (which usually determines how a radio acts when it fails authentication) might control it. Everything I use is set to "Alert & Display."
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

GasdaSoftware (Aug 08, 2019),Mars (Aug 08, 2019)

Thanks

In Data Configurations / Data Wide there is a "Context Deactivation Alert Tone" that is checked. That feels like it must be it. Not going to reload this radio to check

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasdaSoftware For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Aug 09, 2019),TRENT310 (Aug 09, 2019)