Thread: upgrading astro saber 3 1 meg

danb1021 No Longer Registered

Default upgrading astro saber 3 1 meg

is there a way to updrage my radio to be able to receive from the starcom 21 or p25..i seen a few update's just not sure if that is what i need or will work for me..thanks everyone..

Neo No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by danb1021 View Post
    is there a way to updrage my radio to be able to receive from the starcom 21 or p25..i seen a few update's just not sure if that is what i need or will work for me..thanks everyone..
    You need 9600 firmware and a new flashcode in the astrosaber 3 to receive the 800mhz star com towers. If there are no 800mhz towers in your area, then your going to have to upgrade to an astro25 radio. If your towers are on 800 then your astrosaber will work with the scan hack method.

Thanks

I'm not sure how you updrage a radio. Please, stop using Internet Explorer or install iSpell.

well excuse me..was typing upgrade

yes i have a tower 2 blocks down the road from me.not sure what scan hack method is..thanks..

Thanks

Please search the forum for scan hack. The only other way to monitor is to actually affiliate. Affiliating is illegal and can jeopardize lives. Something tells me that is your plan, given you never heard of the way to passivity monitor.

By the way, don't start another thread when previously posted the exact same problem.

thanks for your idea pezking...i will search it out..i do not have a plan other then listening to some broadcast's..nothing illegal or jeopardizing live's..not really sure where that info came from? did i post that somewhere also?..sorry about the dbl post was not sure where the question belonged..thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danb1021 View Post
    ..nothing illegal or jeopardizing live's..not really sure where that info came from?
    The very fact that you don't know to be using the scan hack method suggests that you shouldn't be attempting to program your radio at all until you absolutely know what you're doing. Read, read and then read some more in the appropriate threads.

well foxtrotdelta.your right. read, read, read i have put alot of hour into reading this forum and program these radio's..and i do have them program to other local agency's just not mine because of the starcom thing..im very sorry for asking question's..the only reason i took the shortcut route of asking instead of reading was because i was told that there was no way for me to moniter starcom 21 with an astro saber..i was just trying to jump ahead and ask a question..trying to prove these people wrong..once again sorry to ask anything...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 664 Posts

If it's just to settle a bet, then YES, it can be done. BUT it requires special firmware in the radio, and you will only be able to monitor 800 MHz sites.

Finally, you need to program the radio so that it won't try to affiliate (passive scan hack) which is what the other poster was referring to.

Oh, also I removed your double post, BTW.

Thanks

Just trying to help!

Thank you very much. I already have it programmed and its not affiliating at all. I would just like to listen to my area that's all. Thank you for all your help.

We'll I'm new to programming these types of radios I know enough not to get in trouble. And not to broadcast onto a system. I just wanna upgrade this astro to listen onto the starcom. 800 MHz. And I don't know how to get the firmware into the radio. I know I do not know a lot and I'm sorry but we all have to start somewhere. Once again thank you everyone for the help.

Thanks

First you need to make sure your radio has a 1meg vocon. Then you would need a refresh ibutton, the cvn firmware files, a "d" revision smartrib and the cps. Or the ability to remove the chips from the board and reprogram them. If you search a little you will find the cvns here. The rest can be exensive.

thank you very much for everything..