Thread: MCS2000 No Codeplug

Thanks

Default MCS2000 No Codeplug

I am new to this and learning so please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question. I have an MCS2000 with no codeplug installed. How do I go about getting one? Can I get and save one from another radio? Thanks for all the help in advance.

Thanks

What do you mean exactly? If the radio's complete (hardware wise) and not corrupted in any way, it has to have a codeplug, even if it's a simple default one. You then read it with the software (save a copy in case you mess something up down the road) and edit accordingly.

Are you seeing any errors? What's your programming setup? Yes, it's possible to get one from another radio provided it is the exact same model and has a matching feature set. You'd then clone it in this case.

Thanks

I think the guy means that the codeplug data is blank as in no information in it. Now that I think about it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks

No problem. It'll just have to be programmed from scratch or cloned from another one.

Thanks

You will need the CPS and the programming cable. Once you have these you can program the radio. Since you are new to this I would recommend you do a bit of reading on how to enter your information in the CPS. You will need to know what things like freq, pl , scan list,personality and zone all mean.

If you have the CPS then feel free to ask if you get stuck.

Thanks

Thanks for the help.