Thread: Connecting a DIU via V.24 to a MLC8000 Sub Link Converter to use with a GCM8000 Conv Comparator

Thanks

Default Connecting a DIU via V.24 to a MLC8000 Sub Link Converter to use with a GCM8000 Conv Comparator

Hi
    I'm trying to connect a DIU to a GCM8000 with a MLC8000 Sub Link Converter on port 1 via v.24. On port 2 v.24 I have a Quantar connected and on port 3 I have a Astro Tac Receiver connected. The MLC8000 is all green and happy. It votes between the Quantar and the Astro Tac receiver great and you can hear the radios thru the DIU just fine. If I transmit from the DIU I get an echo in the handset and console priority doesn't function at all until DIU is un-keyed. I'm unable to hear the radio as the DIU is TXing like you can with a ATAC3000 Comparator in full duplex. I can't find any settings in the GCM8000 Conventional Comparator or MLC8000 SLC to identify if the device on v.24 connected is a DIU or a Base station. If a radio is transmitting you can't transmit with the DIU until radio stops transmitting first then I can transmit with the DIU....
    Anyone know a way around it? it works as if its half duplex.... There is a few pages in the manual about Conventional Operations with no core stand alone mode.
    Thanks you
    Chuck

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 689 Posts

Please post just once. New users are moderated as the big banner at the top of the page should have explained to you.

Thank you.
    Queue Moderator and Scene Whore Extraordinaire.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to triptolemus For This Useful Post:

Skynet (Sep 07, 2019)

Thanks

It said I wasnt logged in sorry

Thanks

You will need the GGM8000 to convert v.24 to IP for console connection to a GCM8000 Comparator.

Thanks

Thanks I'll look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by megahertz View Post
    You will need the GGM8000 to convert v.24 to IP for console connection to a GCM8000 Comparator.

Thanks

GGM 8000 with IP Link Converter (IPLC) Functionality User Guide. Motorola document 6871025P76. Not intuitive but it works very well.