Thread: Icom IC F5061 program clone read/write

Thanks

Default Icom IC F5061 program clone read/write

Yes,
    This will be a relatively basic question but I have to ask it before being able to proceed and am relatively unfamiliar with Icom...

reading an Icom IC F5061 configuration data (Channel names, frequencies, settings etc.) with the cloning software WITHOUT maker reserved activated then turning around and writing that to another radio...

I'm going to assume that will only write configuration data, it will not copy over alignment data correct?

At least on Kenwood, that's the way it operates....

Thanks

That is correct. You can program as many radios from one personality file as you wish, it does not affect the tuning on each subsequent radio. However, when you save a personality file from a radio it also saves the tuning info for that radio. Helps to recover if that particular radio gets messed with. So reading each radio and saving by serial number can be useful.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ppcradioman For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (Sep 20, 2019),westcoaster (Sep 20, 2019)

Thanks

As a followup question.

What is the consequence of programming radio's with V4.9 firmware with an older version of cloning software? (I think 2.9)

I don't seem to be getting the popup asking for the read or write password (one possible consequence)

I have acquired 15 radios from a defunct company. The one radio I was able to read appears to have a 7 digit number (password?) in the cloning comments section but can't for the life of me figure out where to type that in to read current radio info on other radios.

Thanks

I am wondering, on the main screen of your prog software by any chance does it say 3060 5060 RR (railroad version)? Mine is v2.8.1 and is not compatible with a standard 5061. The current prog soft for a standard 5061 is at least v5.0

Icom radios have seven digit serial numbers, does the number you mentioned start with 41 by any chance?

Generally, if you try to prog an Icom with software that is too old for the radio you will get a popup "Please update your software"

So I'm thinking that you have the incorrect software for the version of F5061 that you have.

Thanks

These things are starting to cheese me off.....

Tried cloning software 5.2 that would now read the radio but not write
    Tried version 5.0 same thing Read but not write....

Are Icom radio's THAT finicky that they need EXACT clone software?

2 out of 15 I can program, most I get the prompt "no answer from Transceiver"

This one has serial number 2979190XXXX revision 4.9 Sum $E4FA
    Comment: R4.9.1.CA

Thanks

There is the obvious, that there is a comm problem with your USB interface. But 'No answer from transceiver" is Icom's way of telling you that you are not using the correct type of software for the type of radio you are connected to. The F5061/F5061D B & I version radio uses different prog software than a F5061D railroad version. On the radio cover itself what are the FIRST TWO DIGITS of the serial number stamped on the label?

Thanks

Apologies, ppcradioman,
    I got a little flustered there....

Everything I have that can't be written to the serial number either starts with 11 or 19 (as per the sticker on the bottom of the radio.) My previous post was what is shown on "information" in the software.

I am now back on clone software version 5.2. I now have 7 radios out of the 15 that I can read/write to, the rest are read only with the same error for the write portion on all.

I can read and write to radios that start with 11 or 19. I have one radio that starts with 31 (5061D) that I can read/write to.

The nature of the trouble and the numbers of radio's I am having difficulty with has evolved somewhat as I work through the troubleshooting process. I started off with software version 2.6, could only read write one radio, acquired version 5.0 and 5.2 could then read all radio's but only write to some.

I need to find some sort of pattern.

I am using a Duracomm power supply to power the radios.

Thanks

Well, 11, 19 & 31 are not USA models, so I guess I can't help you.. Maybe Icom Canada? I used to have connections up there but that is over a decade ago back when Canadian Wireless was still going strong.

Thanks

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Yes, likely Icom Canada. I have no reason to believe these were shipped in from overseas.

Thanks

read/write radio firmware: 2.9, 5.3, 4.8, 5.0

Read Only radio Firmware: 4.9,

I think I have just found my pattern....

I am able to read only from radios with firmware revision 4.9. When I try and write I get the "No Answer from the tranceiver" error.

What is the deal with firmware 4.9?

Thanks

Incomplete information on the firmware revision...

When I press and hold the P0 and P3 while turning on power.

R 4.9.2 CA and R 4.9.1 CA are what show up on the read only radios
    REV 5.0, REV 4.8, REV 5.3 show up on the read write radios

Something is different between the firmware revisions and I don't know what....