Thread: APX 7500 Talkgroup Display

Thanks

Default APX 7500 Talkgroup Display

I've programmed my APX 7500 for non-affiliate scanning and it works better than any scanner I've ever owned. However, I've noticed that when scanning a P25 Phae I system, the trunking personality name and the talkgroup name appear in the display just momentarily (a few milliseconds), with the unit ID displaying continuously until the transmission is ended. I checked the CPS settings (v19.01.01), but don't see where I can get the trunking personality and talkgroup names to remain displayed while I'm receiving the transmission. What adds to my confusion is my APX 7000 HT is programmed identically, but displays both the trunking personality and talkgroup names throughout the transmission. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 689 Posts

Check that Radio Ergo Wide > Display > ID Display > PTT ID Display is set to "Dispatch and Scan".

Looking at one of my codeplugs, the three check boxes in "Talkgroup" that say "Display..." are all unchecked for me and everything displays fine.

Also, when you say the "trunking personality name" appears, that should actually be the name given to the zone under Zone Channel Assignment.
    Queue Moderator and Scene Whore Extraordinaire.

Thanks

Thanks "trip". I'll try those settings. Appreciate the advice.

Thanks

Default Still no Display of Talkgroups

I changed the settings in the Display configuration as suggested, but the talkgroup names still do not appear. The display settings are identical to my 7000 which shows the talkgroupsp names, but they don't show on the 7500. What am I missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The display settings for portables and mobiles are not the same. I suggest you open your 7500 code plug in CPS, then go to Index in Help and read through everything about Display. The answer is there. And you will learn a lot about your radio and it's capabilities.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ppcradioman For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Sep 26, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 650 Posts

O5 head? You need to disable ID Display completely. O5s do not support displaying the zone/channel name and radio ID simultaneously.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Sep 26, 2019),p47r4ck (Sep 26, 2019),TRENT310 (Sep 26, 2019)