Thread: SRX 2200 Basic Service Manual

Thanks
    Thanked 7,578 Times in 2,115 Posts

Default SRX 2200 Basic Service Manual

BSM: SRX 2200
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Jan 10, 2020),BIG-BOY (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Is there a newer version of this manual to cover the enhanced BN versions of the SRX2200? I'm specifically looking for the part numbers of the newer grille with black text and it's model id label if anyone knows those, but the complete manual would be handier.

Thanks
    Andy

Thanks

Hi,

This one does cover the BN model
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bup For This Useful Post:

Alpha (Jan 10, 2020),com501 (Jan 10, 2020),knickerlessparsons (Jan 10, 2020),triptolemus (Jan 09, 2020)

Thanks

Hi folks

Here's an important warning for anyone using the MN002934A01-AC manual for the BN version SRX2200. Some idiot at Motorola has re-used the exploded diagrams and parts lists from the APX6000 BN and obviously intended to change certain items to appropriate SRX BN coyote brown parts. Unfortunately the office junior given the task was a bit hungover that day and only appears to have changed the grille number and label correctly.

The following part numbers are all incorrect and if ordered you'll find you get the black APX6000 parts not brown ones. I'm assuming that all these parts are the same as on the AN models, but I don't know for certain, so I haven't included those numbers, as I don't want to introduce more confusion.

all the housings
    top bezel
    dust cover
    volume knob
    channel knob

This is not an exhaustive list, there are other items I have serious doubts about, but don't have sufficient facts (yet)..

0104072J01 control top assembly - on the AN the listed tops are different, anyone know if they are different on the BN?

PMLN7421A Main chassis and control top - given that the part description on MOL states APX6000, I think that's going to be black too.

Perhaps someone might like to mention it to Motorola, as there's no point me doing it from this part of the world, it will never filter back.

Such a reassuring dedication to quality. Intelligence Everywhere..........
    Last edited by knickerlessparsons; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:53 PM. Reason: Clarity

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knickerlessparsons For This Useful Post:

Astro Spectra (2 Weeks Ago),box (2 Weeks Ago),ppcradioman (2 Weeks Ago)

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

6 sigma ...
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

6 sigma or -6 sigma more often than not. Doesnt anyone review anything anymore? This type of laziness and incompetance is rampant at M.

Thanks

6 sigma indeed. It seems that not content with customers beta testing hardware and software, we are now expected to proof-read their manuals.

One does wonder how many people actually use/read these manuals and whether anyone has reported the many errors to Motorola? This manual is dated August 2019 and they are also in the MN002934A01-AB manual dated December 2018 and presumably in an earlier AA version, so three iterations of the manual. You can hardly credit it, real amateur hour stuff.

Having looked a bit closer at the manual, the model chart near the start also incorrectly shows the dust cover as the black 1575250H01. It does however give the Main chassis and control top as PMLN7446A which shows as SRX2200 on MOL, rather than the incorrect PMLN7421A. The other parts aren't itemised in the model chart.