Thread: Wide band recovery tool.

Thanks

Default Wide band recovery tool.

Hello all, Iíve been searching MOL for the Vertex wide band recovery tool ver. 1.03 Iíve downloaded ver 1.02 from MOL and itís giving an error ďInvalid Product TypeĒ. Can anyone point me in the right direction on MOLís site so I can download this and hopefully it will work to Wideband my EVX5400 for ham use.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I had to run back and forth and eventually had it emailed to me. It took a LOT of back-and-forth to eventually get it. When I mentioned it wasn't on MOL and it should be they replied very dismissively.
    Mods/Admins: This hopefully doesn't violate any forum rules since it isn't a paid software from Motorola/Vertex... but one that their own reps are clueless about that sits on their own severs.

Wide_Band_Recovery_Tool_1_03.zip

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I was able to acquire a copy yesterday. I am however still getting the incorrect product type error still. The cable that I’m using is a Vertex brand prolific usb cable that I bought through Antenna Farm, it will read, write and up upgrade/downgrade firmware so I can’t believe it would be the cause of the error. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Thanks

The "Invalid Product Type" message is Vertex's way of telling you that you are using the wrong type/version of programming software for that radio.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjorg View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to acquire a copy yesterday. I am however still getting the incorrect product type error still. The cable that I’m using is a Vertex brand prolific usb cable that I bought through Antenna Farm, it will read, write and up upgrade/downgrade firmware so I can’t believe it would be the cause of the error. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
    Forgot to add:
    You need the factory Vertex FIF-12 flashing box and appropriate cable to do the recovery or firmware processes. I tried all the alternative methods and eventually caved on the OEM assembly.

I am not using it anymore since I gave away or sold everything else. So if you want a almost-new FIF-12 and CT-106 cable... let me know.

Thanks

Yes I may be interested in the fif-12. Let me know how much you want for it. If I cant figure this out I may want to try it. Other than the cable I have no idea why it wont work since it is the correct software as the radio is listed. I guess I can roll back the date, just wanted to have it setup without problems.

Thanks

Hello, I can read/write, upgrade downgrade firmware so I know the cps and firmware are correct and cable works perfect for that. For some reason the wide band recovery tool ver.1.02 and ver 1.03 will not work, the radio is listed in the options menu on both versions.

Thanks

I had to go back and forth with Motorola and a few other people to find out the FIF-12 is necessary. Theoretically it is needed for firmware flashing too but I was able to do it with a generic cable like you were.

PM me regarding the FIF-12. I dug it out of my bench and have it sitting here. I would like it to go to someone that can get more use out of it for sure.

Thanks

Looks like I was able to get wide band to work. I’m not sure how that happened, but software is allowing the codeplug to be written with wide band now. Audio reports have been great, so it must of been a success.
    I’ll let you know if this is a false positive but so far so good. Thanks for all the help.