Thread: Motorola S1075C with optional S1079B unit/ ham cb radio - $300

Thanks

Default Motorola S1075C with optional S1079B unit/ ham cb radio - $300

Not my sale. I put it here because it is VINTAGE:

I am putting this out for the hard core collector (I know my own limitations) . It is a "service monitor" of sorts and it appears to work and frankly might have some utility left for a newbie. It is not my listing, nor do I know the seller. Hoping it finds a home here on CS. It would be a shame to see it gutted for the NIXIE tubes.

Link to Craigslist ad far below.

https://images.craigslist.org/00H0H_...l2_600x450.jpg

QUOTED TEXT FROM CRAIGSLIST:

"The Motorola S1075C with the optional S1079B plug-in unit which thus turns this into a Motorola model S1078B according to the instructions.

This item is a Frequency meter, Deviation monitor, and Frequency Synthesizer.

The item has been equipped with the optional S1079B plug in unit which appears to be a set up from the optional S1079A unit. Someone has written on the manual indicating that this optional plug-in unit cost $725 back in 1968.

Testing: Besides moving all controls, the following tests were also preformed.
    Unit self test was done and it passed. See picture.
    I checked the frequency readout on my $90 TYT MD-380(not included) and the unit showed that the 380 was a couple of cycles off. I ran this test in analog using both the 2 meter and the 440cm. Both tests revealed the frequency that the TYT-380 was transmitting on was a couple of Hz off. I did not give the MD-380 any warm up time. I simply turned it on and then went right into transmit.

I have no idea how to test this unit further but it does appear to be working as it should.

What’s included:
    S1075C Digital Frequency Meter with instructions
    S1079B Deviation Monitor / Frequency Synthesizer optional plug-in unit with instructions.
    Factory carrying case with handle.

The following items were stored with the unit so they are included as well.
    S1079A Deviation Monitor / Frequency Synthesizer (instructions)
    One 18 inch coax jumper which has male BNC’s on each end. Coax on this jumper states Amphenol RG-58A/U.
    One 9 inch coax jumper which has male BNC’s on each end. Coax on this jumper states Amphenol RG-58A/U.
    One 11 inch BNC female terminated coax with an open end(possibly used as a shortened antenna???). Coax on this jumper states Amphenol RG-58A/U.
    One BNC terminated wire antenna.
    One Filter model SFE6200A.

Asking $300 OBO or up or down trade for ???(HF radios, 4' box blade, etc.) "

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/ele...981676075.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

Avery Johannssenn (Oct 10, 2019),d119 (Oct 06, 2019)

Thanks

Gotta love the NIXIES
    K1ngfish

Supreme and Exalted leader of the Mystic Knights of the Sea

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k1ngfish For This Useful Post:

Avery Johannssenn (Oct 10, 2019),RFI-EMI-GUY (Oct 03, 2019)