Thread: M-RK II Scan on 33cm

Thanks

Default M-RK II Scan on 33cm

I've have a PK39GT M-RK II Scan for some time now which I originally purchased to use as a 33cm radio. This radio has the following options;

512K board
    32K RAM
    2K EEPROM
    No digital voice ADI/DSP
    Flash Version: G33-4.00
    ICP Version: G00-0.09
    RCP Version: G00-0.08

Over the years I've tried programming it with EDACS3, but it would not take the frequency. Tried the CNTR-E trick, and EDACS3 would never allow it. A few years ago someone posted an SC file with the following;

//SC file for 935 minus 8 and 902 input Orion/M-RK
    /T9 /f1 /w35
    /T9 /f2 /w67
    /T9 /f3 /wE0
    /T9 /f4 /w00
    /T9 /f5 /w37
    /T9 /f6 /w40
    /T9 /f7 /wE5
    /T9 /f8 /wC0
    /T9 /f9 /w37
    /T9 /fa /w40
    /T9 /fb /wE5
    /T9 /fc /wC0

I couldn't get this SC file to work with EDAC3 and I tried loading that in with ProGrammer and it throws a line 1 error when writing to the radio. Also have a couple of mint 900MHz LPE system radios I've never been able to successfully program on 33cm either despite reading posts by those who say it's hit or miss or require some sort of hardware mod (which I never found). I recently came back across these LPE's and the MRK and have renewed my interest in using them on 33cm. This forum has more "in the know" individuals than others I've used so I'm trying again to see if I can get, in particular then MRK working. I know KB4CVN had sweet MPD/ECV setup once upon a time in his pickup that I've always been envious of and wanted a similar setup on the MRK using an ECV. Have everything I need except for a working MRK

Thanks

Have a look here: https://communications.support/threa...-33cm-ham-band
    I modded a couple of LPEs, just to show it could be done. Not stellar results, but OK.

MRKs should take the Orion SC4 file, though I never tried, never did come across a 900MHz MRK.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mitaux8030 For This Useful Post:

n3rwm (Oct 09, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 646 Posts

I used the Orion SC4 file to program a LPE with R20 Programmer and can positively confirm that it works. It *should* also work on a M-RK but I don't have one to experiment with.
    "The Girl Scouts found several hungry REACT members at the finish line..."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to motorola_otaku For This Useful Post:

n3rwm (Oct 10, 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motorola_otaku View Post
    I used the Orion SC4 file to program a LPE with R20 Programmer and can positively confirm that it works. It *should* also work on a M-RK but I don't have one to experiment with.
    Thanks! Could by chance PM me the personality & SC4 file you use so I can see what I'm doing wrong? I have a license for R20 so no problems reading it.