Thread: Icom CS-F3160/F5060 Software Password Override

Thanks

Default Icom CS-F3160/F5060 Software Password Override

Good Afternoon from Australia
    Hopefully some clever sole here can help me. Icom CS_F3160/F5060 Rev 2.8 is what I have purchased from another Icom dealer to program my personal radios (2 off). I wanted to trial the Icom as they are quite a bit cheaper than the Moto's and I wanted to have a fiddle with the digital (IDAS) before we made a decision on what to do.

I want to program 1 additional analogue frequency in it which is one of my own licenced frequencies, the Icom dealer who did it have password locked my radio and want $300 to unlock it as it has the Read/Write Password enabled. So just to clarify, these are my radios with my own conventional frequencies in them, not any trunking system or anything lilke that.

So I am currently over a barrell. Pay the rip off price or have 2 radios that do talk to each other, but I can't test against another analogue radio.

Does anyone have a way around this ?

Thank you in advance
    Mike

maxkelley No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by mrtor View Post
    Good Afternoon from Australia
    Hopefully some clever sole here can help me. Icom CS_F3160/F5060 Rev 2.8 is what I have purchased from another Icom dealer to program my personal radios (2 off). I wanted to trial the Icom as they are quite a bit cheaper than the Moto's and I wanted to have a fiddle with the digital (IDAS) before we made a decision on what to do.

I want to program 1 additional analogue frequency in it which is one of my own licenced frequencies, the Icom dealer who did it have password locked my radio and want $300 to unlock it as it has the Read/Write Password enabled. So just to clarify, these are my radios with my own conventional frequencies in them, not any trunking system or anything lilke that.

So I am currently over a barrell. Pay the rip off price or have 2 radios that do talk to each other, but I can't test against another analogue radio.

Does anyone have a way around this ?

Thank you in advance
    Mike
    Yes... tell them to unlock it for you or you'll take them to court! They put a password on equipment that YOU own. That's ridiculous.

As far as IDAS, I think you'll enjoy it... it seems to do way better, range-wise, than conventional analog FM.

Thanks

Hi,

Not funny, but if the dealer has put more than 6 caracters to its password, I understand why is asking now for $300 !! :
    CS-F31060/F5060 #02 "clone password issue" : There were read/write failures if the radio file had more than 6 characters in the Read/Write password

Maybe the 'Marker Reserve' tips will allow to overwrite the actual programming ?
    or a flash upgrade...

Thanks

Who is the Icom dealer?

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

This is the second time your asking this question I am aware this is a different radio but the same technique works as I explained to you last time. I hope your not doing dodgy things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motorolanovice View Post
    This is the second time your asking this question I am aware this is a different radio but the same technique works as I explained to you last time. I hope your not doing dodgy things
    No tnis post was resurectec by others from April 2012 which is when my issue began

You have me sorted from the other post

Nothing dogey, i have my radios working with my original programming and no passwords

Matter sortec

Thanks again
    Mike
    Last edited by mrtor; Jan 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Made a mistake

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by mrtor View Post
    No tnis post was resurectec by others from April 2012 which is when my issue began

You have me sorted from the other post

Nothing dogey, i have my radios working with my original programming and no passwords

Matter sortec

Thanks again
    Mike
    Sorry man My bad I didnt look at the dates, bloody new people bringing old **** up from the dead.

Thanks

I realize this is an old topic but I'll tell you what I would have suggested back when it was a timely topic:

Send the radios back to him, do a chargeback, and tell him to pound sand.

That sort of conduct from a dealer is NEVER to be tolerated. They're YOUR radios and he has no right to password protect them without your express consent,
    and even then he needs to surrender the password to you.

I'll be very honest with you, too: Ditch the Icom radios and get Kenwoods. Years of experience with iDas and NexEdge is the reason I say that but I will not go into details.