Thread: Retevis RT-3 (TYT MD-U380 and MD-V380)50% sale offer by Retevis

Thanks

Default Retevis RT-3 (TYT MD-U380 and MD-V380)50% sale offer by Retevis

I have no commercial relationship with them, but just received and advert from Retevis (which is a rebranded TYT cheap Chinese Radio) that they have a sale on their RT-3 radios running to the end of October, 2019. The basic UHF or VHF Analog/DMR Tier-II (dual slot) radio (which is a relabeled TYT MD-380) is $50 shipped free.

If you need a cheap Chinese radio, I've never seen one priced this low. They claim Part 90 compliance and the TYT I have is a reasonably solid CCR.

From their website they appear to have a few new lines and are dumping these older models.

Thanks

I got lucky on E-bay early this year and picked up six Zastone D900 (another clone or copy of the MD-380) for $300 Canadian or $50 each free ship. But that was it, the source only had the six. I ended up getting another 19 TID TD-V30D for a total of 25 radios. The non display V30D ended up costing more than the Zastones each.

Thanks

I've had a pair of MD-380 UHF radios for about a year, and they were, in fact, my first DMR radios for ham radio usage.

I learned to configure DMR radios based on the reasonably clunky CPS that came with this radio, but all the basics were there to work with and understand.

In retrospect, they were a good first DMR radio. I wonder how many brands TYT is selling the radio under?

Thanks

mrerick,

Did you do the firmware update that is floating around the internet to add a bunch of features? I did worked out well.

Thanks

I have not. I'm looking at some of the extended work for the GD-77 Radioddity radio. Which firmware specifically worked out well for you?

Thanks

I believe the firmware number was 13.32 and is very stable. I also have tried an experimental dated 10/10/2018 that added promiscuous mode (display all TG on a slot). But I had a short time frame to get radios ready and went back to 13.32 without much testing of the latter.

I have them here on another PC but try google first, but if your stuck I can dig them out.

When I did my research I did it on both the MD-380 and the GD-77. The opinions I got at the time was the MD-380 was a better radio, with less bugs, but that was a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    I have not. I'm looking at some of the extended work for the GD-77 Radioddity radio. Which firmware specifically worked out well for you?