Thread: MCC7500 Unselected Audio Muting

Thanks

Default MCC7500 Unselected Audio Muting

We've noticed an issue that has started occurring with our consoles. If a field unit is talking on an unselected channel, and a dispatcher keys up on the selected channel, the unselected channel mutes. It seems to be muting all audio from the consoles when a dispatcher transmits.

I have checked the muting settings in the configuration manager and on the consoles. Everything shows that the unselected audio should be routed to the secondary speaker. Mute on PTT is disabled for all consoles. The system was setup with Acoustic cross-mute enabled, but RF cross mute disabled.

The three channels we primarily use include two base stations (Quantars), colocated at the same site. And a wireline connection to a remote station. The issue seems to persist with all resources.

Thanks

I just did a quick test with our LAB console. It was doing exactly what your was, but then I went into provisioning manager and found that under the console settings, you can define each speaker for mute on PTT. Once I selected "no" for that on the unselect speaker & pushed out the change, it no longer muted. This is for a trunking console, but perhaps there is the same setting in your configuration manager?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice-T For This Useful Post:

motorola_otaku (Oct 22, 2019)

Thanks

They're already set to not mute on PTT. I checked the Elite Admin. Each audio path is configured for speaker 1 for selected. Speaker 2 for unselected. In the provisioning manager, speaker 1 and 2 for all consoles are not set to mute on PTT.

Thanks

Following up to this issue. It is intermittent, but of course, decided to happen again during a busy weekend. It forced us to switch to cell phones for one agency, as we couldn't hear them due to the volume of traffic on the other channels.

I've gone through the console settings and can't find anything that could be causing the issue. One thought I did have was something with the repeaters themselves, as 3 of our 4 channels are controlled by on site Quantars, but the issue persists with the 4th channel, which is connected via phone line.

Thanks

Maybe a silly question, but is the phone connection 2-wire or 4-wire TRC?

Thanks

Its a 4 wire TRC.

I thought about it during the day today and have a theory. I think it has something to do with our recording system. When they replaced the consoles in 2017, they decided to keep their old recording system, as that was what they were familiar with. Not my first choice at all, given the system it is and how it is installed, but before I started here.

The way it is currently configured is with a VOX analog radio channel, which is patched to the P25 channels. All 4 wire analog relays. There is one for each of the 3 P25 channels and the 4th phone connection is recorded directly from the phone line. I know we have had some other issues with the recording system in the past and it is slated for replacement in the next year.