Thread: EF Johnson ES 5100

Thanks

Default EF Johnson ES 5100

Forgive me for what might be topic already addressed in a previous thread, but I have searched this forum and problem persists. I have an E Bay ES 5100 M 242-557E-830HA6 It is a full key pad which was or is password protected. I have tried to reset password via PC Tune. Not sure if password actually erased. I am trying to write a program which has been successful on other radios. When I try and write a program to this radio using PC configure 2.18.6 I am getting a communication error. The radio is stuck in the Parms Fail screen which can be gone with taking the battery off or pushing the first button above the push to talk button. Is the password protection preventing the program download? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 481 Posts

I moved your post to the correct forum. Whether anyone will answer this type of question for a first post is another story. You don't really provide much to go on, including what type of programming cable you are using. The radio/computer connection is a good place to start if you are receiving a communication error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jagan View Post
    Forgive me for what might be topic already addressed in a previous thread, but I have searched this forum and problem persists. I have an E Bay ES 5100 M 242-557E-830HA6 It is a full key pad which was or is password protected. I have tried to reset password via PC Tune. Not sure if password actually erased. I am trying to write a program which has been successful on other radios. When I try and write a program to this radio using PC configure 2.18.6 I am getting a communication error. The radio is stuck in the Parms Fail screen which can be gone with taking the battery off or pushing the first button above the push to talk button. Is the password protection preventing the program download? Any help would be great.
    I have had a few passworded in the past. I have yet to see one that PC Tune couldn't take off the password in one try. YMMV

----Splinter

Thanks

The programming able and computer are working just fine. I have recently programmed three other radios with this setup. Can someone read the model number given to verify this radio is a 700-800 band radio requiring the pc Configure I am using.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,580 Times in 481 Posts

PCC 2.18.6 is correct for your radio. Thread closed.