Thread: XPR8400

Thanks

Default XPR8400

Hi folks,
    Im not saying im not blind and havent looked right by it, but I did look and can't find a way to do what im looking to do

Is there any way on the XPR8400 to adjust the "pre-time", the amount of time the carrier is required before the repeater begins to retransmit short of using an external controller?

Its just a tiny bit longer then what I want, end users cant grasp the concept of waiting a second before speaking...

Thanks

Thanks

You don't mention it, but I'm assuming you're using the repeater in digital mode? If analog, there are no settings in the repeater which affect the 'pre-time' as you call it.

If digital, there aren't any direct timers either, but there is definitely access time involved if the repeater is sitting idle, since the repeater will require activation & synchronization before completing the call set up request. The SIT timer (essentially digital hang time) will keep the repeater active and transmitting to mitigate this access time...but it can only be set for a maximum of 7 seconds.

Bottom line, the use of talk permit tones in the field radios is recommended, so the users will know when to start speaking, even in analog mode.

Thanks

The repeater is in analog mode, unfortunately the customer is using CP200's so no TPT's

Oh well... if it continues to be a issue i'll just throw a community repeater controller on it and only enable their PL and control it through that

Thanks

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Use MDC PTT-ID set for pre and enable a side tone. They'll have to wait until the MDC side tone is finished before speaking.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.