Thread: XTS3000 to Astro Spectra

Thanks

Default XTS3000 to Astro Spectra

Is there an easy way to export my XTS3000 codeplug and import to an Astro Spectra.... I hate to re-type all the info into my Spectra if there is a shortcut.

Thank's

Randy

Thanks

Wirelessly posted

Yes, you should use a top level drag and drop. Open both codeplugs in their respective cps's and position them side by side. Make sure you can see the top level of each tree and click and hold on the top of the 3k tree, drag that and drop it on the top of the astro spectra and it will copy all applicable fields from the portable to the mobile. If there is any trunking make sure your system keys are loaded in both cps apps before you start. At the end you should see a drag and drop report that will show you anything that didn't copy or may be invalid now.
    Last edited by Magnus; Mar 07, 2012 at 08:06 PM.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

You have to think logically when doing it.

Consider what relies on what before you start dragging and dropping or you will end up with a lot of invalid fields. Build from the bottom up as you would when building a codeplug.

Signallng systems are built before conventional personalities. Personalities are built before zones.

Trunking systems before trunking personalities.

You'll still have some cleanup but this will minimize it.