Thread: LTR on XPR6550 series

Thanks

Default LTR on XPR6550 series

Does anyone have any experience with the Scholer-Johnson LTR board for the XPR series?

Specifically, what I am looking for is if you can put conventional and LTR channels in the same zone. I have a group that is currently using HT1250LS+ and have a mix of LTR and conventional. They gripe about having to change zones for conventional channels.

Thanks

SJI makes exellent boards, the issue I have is that trying to get a radio like a TRBO radio to do something it basically wasnt designed to do is like holding water in your hands. I strongly recommend you consult with the customer and migrate to either full LTR or full TRBO. If its the conventional personality issue you can set up the chan selector as zone and just make up a bunch of single mode zones some as LTR others as conventional.

Thanks

That is a good idea about the channel selector and zones with just one TG/freq. Agree on what you are saying about going one way or the other. Politics are a major factor in this project. If anyone else has an SJI experience with the XPR's, do let me know.

Thanks

Another issue with SJI is the need for authorization codes for each board installed. Fortunatly the newer equipment does not require a custom flash to support the SJI board. I have not used the particular board in question but I have used SJI boards in other aplications. Ask your question and i will try to help if I know the solution.