Thread: Where have all the Thales Liberty programming cables gone?

Thanks

Default Where have all the Thales Liberty programming cables gone?

So I have been searching high and low for the Thales Liberty programming cable and can't find it anywhere. Other than Thales PDF sales price brochures, I am yet to even come across a picture of the cable anywhere on the Internet. Not even eBay where almost anything can be found. Normally with any radio, it does not take too long to come up with anything you need for it. Not the Thales Liberty radio.

How many of these cables where made? I am sure some must be sitting unused and not needed somewhere. Are they held onto by the owners on account of their rarity? Is there an alternative cable I can use? Is there any source or anyone capable of making these cables for me if I request one? Are there parts I can cobble together to make one myself. I really am not technically inclined though. Any advice? I am open to anything from anyone who has one or can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Thanks

There is no such thing as a Liberty programming cable. The Liberty uses the sidemate adapter that has a 6 pin hirose on the top and a mini Usb on the bottom. You then use a standard USB cable to program

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioinstl View Post
    There is no such thing as a Liberty programming cable. The Liberty uses the sidemate adapter that has a 6 pin hirose on the top and a mini Usb on the bottom. You then use a standard USB cable to program
    Is this something I can purchase online? Any links? Do you have one of these cables and could you kindly post pictures if possible? Thanks.

Thanks

Not anymore. Your only option is the used market, or to figure out how it's wired and build your own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syntrx View Post
    Not anymore. Your only option is the used market, or to figure out how it's wired and build your own.
    That is what I figured. I have been searching everywhere. So far no luck. Hopefully one will show up somewhere. If I were to get hold of the speaker mic would its adapter be of any use in helping me with the wiring of a cable?

Thanks

I forgot to add, if anyone here has a spare Thales 1600703‐1 Audio/Programming Side Connector Adapter I am very interested. Your wish is my command. Got PayPal. PM me.

Absolutely no luck finding it anywhere.

Thanks

The erac1 ebay seller says they have some in their Liberty listing, maybe check with them.

The mics are Otto, however not sure Otto ever sold them direct.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

KMS30 (Jan 12, 2020)

Thanks

Thanks. I will do so.

Thanks

FIrst, if you have 1.xxxx firmware. good luck getting PcP to work with it or getting the firmware upgraded. I will have to look if I have PcP that old, but even if I do, that firmware is so bug ridden, you will not want to use it. I May be able to upgrade the firmware but from that old you have a 50/50 chance of bricking it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radioinstl View Post
    FIrst, if you have 1.xxxx firmware. good luck getting PcP to work with it or getting the firmware upgraded. I will have to look if I have PcP that old, but even if I do, that firmware is so bug ridden, you will not want to use it. I May be able to upgrade the firmware but from that old you have a 50/50 chance of bricking it.
    Thanks. I would appreciate it if you could advice me how to proceed. Would incremental upgrades reduce the risk of bricking it? You advised me to upgrade it to 3.xxxxx. Would that still be your advice? Do you have a business/ebay contact address?

Thanks

Default Liberty Hirose adaptor

This what it looks like. The 6 pin hirose can also take KVL Keyfill with hirose cable.

Pics of Liberty TAC adapter:
    https://ibb.co/0ryXy1P
    https://ibb.co/qj8Rf9Y
    https://ibb.co/0r4ZgG3

radionerd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to radionerd For This Useful Post:

splinter34 (Jan 15, 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radionerd View Post
    This what it looks like. The 6 pin hirose can also take KVL Keyfill with hirose cable.

Pics of Liberty TAC adapter:
    https://ibb.co/0ryXy1P
    https://ibb.co/qj8Rf9Y
    https://ibb.co/0r4ZgG3

radionerd
    Thanks. A member of the forum has offered to make me a cable. Hopefully it works just as the original. I still would appreciate me if you could advise me on how to proceed with the upgrades or if it is even advisable.

How did those who have the firmware version I had perform their upgrade? Was the radio sent in to Thales or performed by the owners?

Thanks

I am not sure why you as a new Jr member here do not want to listen to the people here who have offered you the answers you came for?

I have answered you question about firmware. Thales will not touch the radio.

There is no one here or anywhere else that is going to be able to give you more accurate or detailed answers about the Liberty than me.

My suggestion is if you have one that old, walk away from it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to radioinstl For This Useful Post:

jason (3 Days Ago)

Thanks

Sorry, I misread the advice. I do value your advice which is why I asked you. I do know Thales no longer services the radio. When you wrote above "I May be able to upgrade the firmware but from that old you have a 50/50 chance of bricking it.", I was assuming you were willing to try to do the upgrade.