Thread: MCS2000 x 2 to MC2500

Thanks

Default MCS2000 x 2 to MC2500

I have two MCS2000's that I'm looking to connect to a MC2500 mostly just to receive on, and that would be fine if that's all I can do. Checking to see if this is possible and what's needed.

Also, if anyone has the MC2500 installation and programming manual can you post or email it to me ?

I have the DB25? (off the top of my head) adapter that was used to connect it to the previous system it was on. The adapter connected it to 3 or 4 Quantor repeaters.

I wasn't sure if this was the right section to post in, if not, the moderators can move it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks

I can't remember if the MCS2000 is able to be channel steered. If it is, you'd need a TRA for each radio and the correct cable from the radio to the TRA. If you had an MC3000, you could have full control on the MCS2000, but you'd need a separate MC3000 for each radio as well as an L3208 junction box. The cool thing with using an MCS2000 vs an Astro Spectra/XTL is that you get to use both lines of text on the MC3000 display. You can also use RCH3000's as well through the L3208 if you could find them cheaper and they are physically smaller than the MC series.

Thanks

If I'm reading the MC2500 manual, it can handle 4 separate control stations using the Tx/Rx connections on the 25 pin connector. I've seen them plenty of times wired right to the junction block on the back of Quantars. From what I've gathered and read the other models aren't capable of this. I'm going to connect the MCS2000's to the respective pins the MCS2000's and MC2500 and see what happens. All I'm trying to accomplish at the moment is to be able to monitor the radios with the MC2500 and then use the MC2500 to occasionally transmit on each radio. The radios are only going to transmit on one channel each so I don't think channel steering is going to be needed or an issue. The radios will scan other channels but that's it.

Thanks

The Quantar has the ability to decipher the tones generated from the MC2500, but the MCS2000 does not on its own. You'll need a TRA connected to each MCS2000 and then the MC2500 can connect to each of the TRAs. I'm doing the same her with two XPR mobiles. They can be channel steered, so I modified two consolettes to put the XPR radio and TRAs inside. I also have two standard Desktrac consolettes, so I have all four connected to one MC2500 and they all work great. It's just a matter of wiring the TRA to the MCS2000. If they can't be channels steered, you can still RX and TX on one channel and send other tones or functions from the MC2500. I use mine to send inhibit and enable commands and it works like a champ.

Thanks

Thanks Rescue161.

Is it possible you can post some pics of your setup ?

I don't think the MCS2000's are capable of channel steering. I haven't found anything on it with a MC2500 or a MC deskset connected to a MCS2000 at all. It seems that the preferred mobile to use for the channel steering setup would be a CDM. That's what all the literature for the MC Deskset line shows for an example and they're now discontinued but seem to be easy to find. I few a sitting arround. I don't have that much experience with the XPR's. I've programmed a few for fire units for just plain conventional use now that the CDM's can't be bought.

For my setup I'm only looking to use the two MCS2000's for RX and scanning. One VHF and one UHF, and send the audio to the deskset.

Thanks