Thread: Enable Remote Control on 2670

Thanks

Default Enable Remote Control on 2670

Does anyone by chance know how to enable remote control on the 2670 service monitor. I have the settings correct, but I don't know how to enable remote control. The manual refers to a separate remote control manual,, 68-80309E55, but I can't seem to locate that anyone after much googling. My googfu must be on the fritz.

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wiredwrx For This Useful Post:

Alpha (4 Weeks Ago)

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 729 Posts

That is the programming reference manual, it has all the commands that you can send to the monitor via RS-232 or IEEE-488 interfaces. It's pretty dull stuff and is mostly a list of the commands available. The commands are sent via serial terminal or you can write a BASIC or C/C++ program yourself and send batches of commands to the monitor. That is how the AutoTest stuff works at the heart of it.

Maybe someone has a PDF copy? I may have a printed one, I'll have to look around.

Thanks

If you're having trouble with your R2670 communicating via the RS-2332 port, check the communications parameters set in the SPF REMOTE SETUP menu to set/confirm they match the settings of your application software (IE:AutoTest) that is being used to communicate with your analyzer. Verify too that your analyzer's firmware is V 6.08 or newer.

Here is the wiring for the R2670 RS-232 to PC COM PORT for reference.

RS232 Wiring.png

Thanks

the R2670 will go into remote mode when it see's a valid command and stay there until you hit F1 for local control.

What are you trying to do ?

Thanks

I have PDF copies of the R26XX programming reference manual if anyone's writing their own applications. Feel free to PM if you need a copy.

Thanks

a quick way I test the RS-232 setup is to hit the PRNT button which will dump the screen to the serial port

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That is the programming reference manual, it has all the commands that you can send to the monitor via RS-232 or IEEE-488 interfaces. It's pretty dull stuff and is mostly a list of the commands available. The commands are sent via serial terminal or you can write a BASIC or C/C++ program yourself and send batches of commands to the monitor. That is how the AutoTest stuff works at the heart of it.

Maybe someone has a PDF copy? I may have a printed one, I'll have to look around.
    Thanks, ya, I'd like to send some commands to check for connectivity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MotoBill View Post
    If you're having trouble with your R2670 communicating via the RS-2332 port, check the communications parameters set in the SPF REMOTE SETUP menu to set/confirm they match the settings of your application software (IE:AutoTest) that is being used to communicate with your analyzer. Verify too that your analyzer's firmware is V 6.08 or newer.

Here is the wiring for the R2670 RS-232 to PC COM PORT for reference.
    Thanks, I built the cable based on that chart. I confirmed the wiring, and will triple check today. The 2670 has V6.12.XX So, it should work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jry View Post
    the R2670 will go into remote mode when it see's a valid command and stay there until you hit F1 for local control.

What are you trying to do ?
    Use Autotest. I get an error which appears to be a communication error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jry View Post
    a quick way I test the RS-232 setup is to hit the PRNT button which will dump the screen to the serial port

Thanks, Tried that using two different com ports on the computer, with proper settings. Nothing pops up in Termite (the terminal program I am using.) Gonna confirm the wiring pinout of the connectors right now.

Thanks

You might use Putty it has a Serial TTY mode and you can change just about any setting needed.. It also has a batch mode where you can play files (scripts) through it.

Thanks

I confirmed the wiring. Its correct according to what was posted in this thread.

Thanks

OK, I got it working. I had changed the 2670 and the computer com port to 9600. Changed it to 4800 all around, and when I hit the print button, readable text pops up on the Termite screen. But, I can't get Autotest to work. here are the settings and errors.

20200127_091758.jpg
    20200127_091742.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

One thought, check the comport used for the 2670 in the Device Manager to see if it's set to Hardware flow control on the off chance that it's set to None or Xon/Xoff (Software).

Thanks

One thought, check the comport used for the 2670 in the Device Manager to see if it's set to Hardware flow control on the off chance that it's set to None or Xon/Xoff (Software).
    It was set to None, I changed it to "Hardware" but Autotest still crashes with the same error.

I was able to get a copy of the manual in question (Thanks) and using the terminal window, sent some queries, but got no response. I am gonna try and monitor the com port for the messages Autotest sends, to see if it is sending and the com port is working, but I am remote right now (while I am at work) so don't have physical access.

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, what is the AutoTest version and what Windows OS do you have it installed on? I did not have any issues running XTS5K V1.22 on an older machine with Windows XP SP3 where it failed aspects when attempting to run it on Windows-10 with Windows XP SP3 compatibility set. I still have a Windows-7 x32 machine floating around but haven't tried it there yet.

Thanks

short version is that the R2670 AutoTest was only supported on Windows XP /2000 32 bit.
    may work on others but that was what was supported.

Thanks

AutoTest will communicate with the R2670 with Windows 7 32b

If you are using a USB to Serial converter you need to check you have all the RS232 lines not just TX,RX and GND that the cheaper USB to Serial adapters provide.

Thanks

Well, I swapped out my CF-29 with Windows 7 with my CF-29 with XP, installed AutoTest, connected my prolific USB to Com port, altered the settings to match the 2670, connected the cable between the prolific and the 2670, connected the radio to com one, set the setting in AutoTest, and VIOLA, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may try and get the Win 7 machine to work, but maybe not. My XP CF-29 doesn't do anything special, until now.

Here is a short vid. https://youtu.be/q72s24MMeXw

Thanks

Excellent! What is you AutoTest version number?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiredwrx View Post
    Well, I swapped out my CF-29 with Windows 7 with my CF-29 with XP, installed AutoTest, connected my prolific USB to Com port, altered the settings to match the 2670, connected the cable between the prolific and the 2670, connected the radio to com one, set the setting in AutoTest, and VIOLA, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may try and get the Win 7 machine to work, but maybe not. My XP CF-29 doesn't do anything special, until now.

Here is a short vid. https://youtu.be/q72s24MMeXw
    If you are running Win 7 Professional it should be capable of setting the OS to emulate XP for the application. My Win 7 Pro allows me to run very old radio prog soft under other OS settings. Haven't run into an issue so far at least. Going to hang onto the Win 7 Pro (and keep it off line) until they pry my cold, dead hands from the keyboard no matter if there is "support" or not.

Thanks

Excellent! What is you AutoTest version number?
    Pretty sure its 1.2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ppcradioman View Post
    If you are running Win 7 Professional it should be capable of setting the OS to emulate XP for the application. My Win 7 Pro allows me to run very old radio prog soft under other OS settings. Haven't run into an issue so far at least. Going to hang onto the Win 7 Pro (and keep it off line) until they pry my cold, dead hands from the keyboard no matter if there is "support" or not.
    Heck, I still have a couple of XP machines. Still plugging along. Don't expect to give up my WIN 7 machines any time soon. I think all of my 7 machines are home premium, but I goota check em all out to confirm.