Thread: Talk Off Problem

Thanks

Default Talk Off Problem

I have installed tone panels on two different Radius setups in the last couple of months and have ended with a talk off problem with both.
    One system was a GR300 pair and a TP3200 panel and the other was a M120 pair and a Zetron 38. I followed any additions and such that the individual tone panels' manuals listed. I have also worked with the adjustments on both TX radios and have ended up with radio deviation set to a low level and low inputs to the panels also.
    These are intended to be backup emergency machines for 2 meters and 440 amateur services but as they stand now they are almost useless unless everyone talks above a whisper.

I have tried padding the inputs with little change and none of the radios have any rapid call group options so I can't do much in the radio as to discriminator output levels.
    I got busy and kind of put these on the back burner but with all the rainy weather I should have some time to work with them a little more.

I just thought I would see if anyone else had run into this problem before.

Thanks in advance for any ideas I might have overlooked

Wayne

Thanks

Where are you picking off the RX audio? Read the manuals and tutorials about Flat, Preemphasized and Deemphasised audio from the Repeater Builder site.

Thanks

RX Audio is on pin 2 of the accy connector and the PL Encode is using Pin 5 .
    These radios don't seem to have some the jumpers that are usually referenced. I have all the service manuals and will reference those again and double-check for any available jumpers in the event I might have missed one.
    Thanks for the references.

Wt

Thanks

I have multiple radios with the TP3200 repeater controller that work fine. One is on a GR1225 in NB and also works. I pull RX audio off of Pin 11 (Discriminator). Move the jumper to flat and you should be fine. Pin 2 is MIC audio ? Pin 5 should be flat TX audio and is where the TX from the controller should go. Your radio does have the 16 pin connector correct ?

On the TP3200 I have this -

TP3200 -> GM300

P1 P13 12V +
    P2 P3 PTT
    P3 P11 Discriminator Audio
    P4 P8 COR
    P5 P5 TX Audio

Also check your jumpers in the TP3200

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. As best I remember the connections are the same as what you have. Only difference is I'm not 100% on the discriminator jumper. I will check on that and make sure.

Thanks again

Wt

Thanks

I had a chance in between floods to look at one of the repeaters. The one with the Model 38 Panel. I pulled the manual for both the Zetron and the M10 receive radio. Turns out I had missed one of the jumper changes. I missed JU551. Changing that took care of my talk off problem. I have a little more background noise from the unmuted discriminator input to the Zetron but that may be normal as I have a MASTRIII with the same panel and it has some background white noise also, just not quite as bad. Thanks for jogging my memory with the suggestions!
    Help much appreciated

Wt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Radio Tech 64 For This Useful Post:

sarguy1941 (Feb 17, 2020)