Thread: Mip5000 channel audio

Thanks

Default Mip5000 channel audio

Anyone point me in the direction of info related to gateway setup or for the rx channel audio adjustment if any, have a mip5000 gateway tied to accessory connector pin 11(rx audio)of a PM400 mobile unit and the audio sounds overdriven, limited, almost unintelligible. My next visit will be to confirm the radios receiver is within specs and no other issues also

Thanks

Had the same problem with it tied to a Turbo radio. Go into your line settings in the MIP software and you need to adjust the level up not down like you would think. You basically are telling the console what level the coming to it is at. It seemed backwards but it is kind of the same as going into some modem cards.

Thanks

Default mip5000 sound

Quote Originally Posted by Etek View Post
    Anyone point me in the direction of info related to gateway setup or for the rx channel audio adjustment if any, have a mip5000 gateway tied to accessory connector pin 11(rx audio)of a PM400 mobile unit and the audio sounds overdriven, limited, almost unintelligible. My next visit will be to confirm the radios receiver is within specs and no other issues also

All that is done in the CSDM manager. you really need to check your line levels with a TIMS unit to get them so sound decent

Thanks

I've never had any audio issues when interfacing radios to the gateways using the fixed level audio pins using default settings. What does the audio sound like coming out of the local speaker?