Thread: SLR5700 UHF

Thanks

Default SLR5700 UHF

Anyone had any issues with SLR5700 New out of the Box only keying up a few times with 2.10 firmware programmed with cps 2.0,

Repeater is setup for Mixed mode, Repeater when turned on will key 3 times in analog and then quits no RX indicator nothing, you can reboot the repeater and it will key again 3 times in analog have not been able to get it to key in Digital at all. Have re-programmed to Analog only same effect and digital only and it never keys. I have it boxed up to go back to Motorola but just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue

Thanks
    Thanked 7,594 Times in 2,121 Posts

I had something weird like this occur a few months ago. I was using R02.09.00.13 firmware and CPS 16.0 build 828. I put an old (same codeplug version) codeplug back in and it worked fine after that. I do believe there's bugs which I can't quite figure out.

The SLR is also a POS because Motorola has made it so we are unable to align them for anything besides reference frequency. The deviation, balance compensation, RSSI, power and all that other jazz is now out, after a recovery. I refuse to pay $700+ USD and shipping to get it "aligned" at Motorola. I will shove it up their *** whatever way it fits before I pay that kind of money to align my own gear. I hope a dishonest employee eventually leaks the alignment software. Motorola is not about the customer any longer.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

AD0JA (2 Weeks Ago),com501 (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Very True, They have gone downhill and fast. WE have issues with SLR power supplies and now this seems like out of every 5 we get 2 go back to the depot before there ever deployed

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I had something weird like this occur a few months ago. I was using R02.09.00.13 firmware and CPS 16.0 build 828. I put an old (same codeplug version) codeplug back in and it worked fine after that. I do believe there's bugs which I can't quite figure out.

The SLR is also a POS because Motorola has made it so we are unable to align them for anything besides reference frequency. The deviation, balance compensation, RSSI, power and all that other jazz is now out, after a recovery. I refuse to pay $700+ USD and shipping to get it "aligned" at Motorola. I will shove it up their *** whatever way it fits before I pay that kind of money to align my own gear. I hope a dishonest employee eventually leaks the alignment software. Motorola is not about the customer any longer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to darnallj For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Yes, we have had lots of codeplug corruption issues on repeaters. Thankfully, the few times we have paid flat rate, Motorola charged $0 and sent it back completely for free with default programming as there were no hardware issues found.

On the XPR8400s, we have had an analog "feedback loop" where repeater keys by itself with what sounds like some analog feedback, even when set to digital mode only. Device recover, or pushing a known-good codeplug resolves it.

On the SLR5700s, we have had the "broken record" featuring TOTALLY INVALID DMR modulation, with what sounds like a ~3 second loop of the hangtime/idle sound (slots don't sound active) on the repeater output, with a clear stutter as the loop restarts itself every ~3 seconds.

Subscribers will see 5 bars, and successfully key repeater (get sync), but no actual audio is passed as the signal is totally invalid/corrupt.

Doing a Device Recover and rebuilding codeplug fixes issue.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

Mars (2 Weeks Ago),phonebuff (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Very distressing QC issues.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RFI-EMI-GUY For This Useful Post:

Mars (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Who else makes decent DMR infrastructure? I know a couple places around here are using Hytera repeaters with no issues, but it doesn't seem like the other big players (cough cough Kenwood) have anything substantial right now.

Thanks

In North America --

Kenwood / Radio Activity

Tait / Harris

Motorola

Hytera

Thanks
    Thanked 7,594 Times in 2,121 Posts

Yeah, but the catch of course, is none of them are inter-compatible with each other in the sense of networkability, unless using something hammy/unreliable/pathetic/no encryption support, such as BrandMeister or potentially a c-Bridge made by weasel John Rayfield, who refuses to answer emails about encryption support for his products. How F'ing useless is that. His little hammy brain thinks commercial customers don't need encryption.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    it doesn't seem like the other big players (cough cough Kenwood) have anything substantial right now.
    This is basically one of the reasons why Kenwood snapped up EFJohnson, for their infrastructure portfolio. So on paper they have Kairos, but my recent experiences with them bring up concerns of whether they can actually deliver the equipment in a timely fashion or have anyone that can respond to technical implementation concerns.

Thanks

I listened to the rollout webinar for Kairos. I was not impressed. Give me someone who speaks English as a first language when you're going to market. I don't mind if someone has an accent, but I need to at least understand 95% of what they're saying - or else you need to give me subtitles & a print out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radioguy7268 For This Useful Post:

RFI-EMI-GUY (1 Week Ago),Viper1-6 (1 Week Ago)

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

I saw the Kairos on the Kenwood stand at UTC Reno last week. I've had some limited involvement with the Kairos unit as both a DMR repeater and as a link. But as Mars notes interoperability networking wise on all these options is still a challenge although there are ham only linking software solutions out there.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

As much as I want to like Kairos, Tait's TB9300 platform is more mature. I say platform because of the TB9400.

The Kairos pricing is pretty ridiculous, think GTR8000 style, however they will drop it down significantly for the right opportunity.

Only thing wrong with Tait in NA is Harris.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

Viper1-6 (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSEhub View Post
    Only thing wrong with Tait in NA is Harris.
    Tait would do well to sever that relationship now that Dailey-Wells cluster has become public.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viper1-6 For This Useful Post:

Mars (1 Week Ago),PSEhub (1 Week Ago)