Thread: Hello from Texas!

Thanks

Cool Hello from Texas!

Hi,
    Glad to be joining the forum. I have tons of ASTRO and ASTRO25 equipment and rare accessories that I recently sorted through and organized because it was just piling up and I was reorganizing my office. I can also do firmware upgrades and radio mods for the Astro series all the way up to the New APX radios. I hope to thin out my collection. All of the radios Iíve collected over the years are in 9/10 condition at the very least, alot are new in the box and have never even been programmed. I have at least 40 of the regular control cables or the ASTRO Spectras with a W9, W7, etc head and 30+ W3 HHCH Control cables as well and I really just. have too many items to even know where to begin. If you need any ASTRO/ASTRO25 radios, accessories (especially obscure accessories) i.e. when reorganizing last night I came across 5 of the famous FDNY Firefighters Knobs new in the original bag from Motorola. I have been into radios, scanners and the radio hobby since I was 14. If youíre looking for anything ASTRO or ASTRO25 related, I probably have it and you can contact me here. If youíre into OLD Motorola gear, I have 4 MX360s with DES-XL in mint condition just as part of my mini-museum.. Luckily I was able to get them recrystalized and put mostly simplex freqs because I knew that the repeaters wouldnít be around forever, so I just chose 3 in my area I know were usually busy and would probably be up forever.. and I still use one of the radios on those repeaters with great audio and signal reports
    Thanks, and Iím glad to be a member of the forum!
    -DJ

Thanks

Welcome to the forums! What part of Texas are you in? I am in the Dallas area and am mostly a hobbyist, other than maintaining a small fleet of radios for a volunteer group. So far been stuck on the Jedi series and figuring out everything I can about them. Hope to move on to Astro and then Astro 25. And then maybe APX before they reach end of life too!

Chance

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chance For This Useful Post:

roboshark28 (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! Dallas/Denton (for college) resident here! Always great to see some fellow Texans on the site

Thanks

Heart of Texas area here. Welcome!
    When in danger,
    When in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.