Thread: XTS 2500 Speaker Mic wiring

Thanks

Default XTS 2500 Speaker Mic wiring

Hello Everyone!

So I've got myself into a bit of a pickle. I own an XTS2500 VHF, Model 1.5. The model number is H46SDD9PW5AN.
    The problem I have isn't with the radio itself, but with a Speaker mic that I own for it. I own a Rhino Speaker Microphone with a 6 Pin quick disconnect.

The cable has always been too long for me, even when used over the back. I decided the other day to use some of my soldering skills to shorten the cable up on the connector side. I cut the 6 Pin connector off and began to disassemble it, when I noticed that the cable only had 5 wires. Unfortunately, the connector was assembled with a white plastic around the solder joints, and it was fairly difficult to remove. I managed to use a voltage meter on continuity to determine which wires belong to which pin, but there's one pin that I couldn't figure out. I'm guessing that one of the wires branches off to the 6th pin. When trying to remove the white plastic, I damaged the 6th pin too much to identify the color before I realized there were only 5 cables. The 6th pin definitely had solder on it and remnants of wire.

I took a quick diagram of which cable belonged to which pin on both the male side of the jack, and the accessory pins on the side of the radio.
    I wasn't able to find a diagram online of which accessory pin belonged to which function of the Speaker Mic.

Does anyone have any insight on which wire might potentially branch off to the '?' on the diagram? My first thought (and it's just a guess) is that the 6th wire is the 3.5mm audio jack on the speaker mic, and is shared with the cable for the speaker on the mic.

Diagram:

Thanks

The pin is question appears to be OPT_SEL1 as shown in the illustration below of the XTS Universal (Side) Connector.
    I beleive that this pin needs to be tied to ground (black wire terminated on pin-8 of your sketch) thats used to signal the radio that the speaker mic is connected.

Universal Connector.png

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MotoBill For This Useful Post:

triptolemus (Feb 14, 2020)

Thanks

Awesome! I should be getting the rest of the connector I need to get it all back together tomorrow, so hopefully there’s no issues!

Thank you for the info

Thanks

From the DSM, hope this helps.
    Untitled.png

Thanks

Ceril,

Comms.mc's post documents the logic levels expected to condition the Option Select lines. A logic 0 is the same a ground, and an absence of ground assumes a logic 1 provided a pull up resistors exists on the input to the logic gate.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys!

I got it soldered up today and it's working fantastic.

Brian