Thread: MDC5000 and GTR8000

Thanks

Default MDC5000 and GTR8000

Good afternoon,

I'm working on a layer of backup, and one idea I had was to control our GTR8000's by using MDC5000's. I know I can control them over wireline, but unfortunately I do not have available wireline to all my sites. Instead, I'm looking to control it via IP. I know the GTR is capable of it because it works that way in an M, L and K core environment. What I really don't know is if the MCD5000 can operate in this fashion. Essentially it would need to be a sort of standalone conventional site controller. Any ideas?
    What?!? Hiring a guy who USES the equipment daily to FIX the equipment? You mean, instead of a college preppie who only knows the theory behind how it is SUPPOSED to be used? Woah, what a novel idea!

Thanks

I've never heard of interfacing an MCD5000 directly to a GTR. You could likely do it using a Radio Gateway Unit controlling the GTR via Tone Remote, but as for digital/v.24 control, I'm not sure... That's something you'd likely have to inquire with Motorola about.

The MCD5000 was designed for things like APX consolettes, XTL 5000 consolettes (with the RGU) and the like.
    "Lets at least get some speed! Lets get to a hundred!" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

In reviewing install manual for mcd5000, I've not seen a reference to the GTR8000. Its also not an option in the config tool.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laziboie For This Useful Post:

d119 (Apr 28, 2020)

Thanks

Morning NoStatic,

The MCD5000 can eventually communicate directly with a GTR8000 but the middle layer is a GGM8000 configured for IPLC. This is so that the IPLC becomes the console interface to a conventional IP network.

This can be configured for Analog (TRC) and Digital (V.24)

IP BASE STATION CONSOLE.PNG

If anything can do your request of IP controlling the station from an MCD5000, it would be the IPLC in my opinion.

Currently, the IPLC configuration I am familiar with has the IPLC talking to a comparator in a voted system configuration. This way the "Console" V.24 traffic is seen as such by the comparator with the proper signalling and then the GTR8000 or whatever base station you have connected (MLC8000 to do analog or V.24), is provided IP packets.

None of this requires a CORE and is somewhat of a small footprint that can also be mounted in a vehicle or travel rack should needs go dynamic when you least expected them to

CoD