Thread: APX RLN6544 WRSM audio issue

Thanks

Default APX RLN6544 WRSM audio issue

All,

I am currently utilising the RLN6544 paired to an APX6000 operating on a P25 ENC network.

From the outset I have noticed the WRSM mic gain appears much higher than any other RSM. I have also had some complaints that at times the audio from the mic has a lot of bass / is muffled as a result.

I have searched the forum in case of previous discussion on this however did not find anything. Is this an issue that is known; or can it perhaps be fixed with settings via the APS? If so are there known parameters that work best?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Thanks

There are several threads on what settings should be changed/made for the APX series. Try this search "APX audio settings" and enjoy the reading.

Thanks

Wiredwrx,

I am aware of radio settings and discussion on them however with this particular fleet of radios I am not in a position to alter settings in the radios so was querying if the issue can be fixed by changing settings in the rsm itself.

Regards.

Thanks

Set the CPS to Expert View then look in your Radio Profiles.
    There is a setting for Bluetooth Mic Gain.
    Turn it down to match regular RSMs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 574 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NCC01 View Post
    Wiredwrx,

I am aware of radio settings and discussion on them however with this particular fleet of radios I am not in a position to alter settings in the radios so was querying if the issue can be fixed by changing settings in the rsm itself.

Regards.
    Ok, this post and the original post rankled me and I can't resist jumping into the discussion. To begin, your original post refers to "APS" and I assume that you meant "CPS". Did you read your post? Then, in this particular post you say that you don't want to alter radio settings. Well, you are going to have to if you want to change the gain for that RSM. What are you doing with high tier radios when you have no idea how they are programmed. Your question has been answered so I am closing the thread.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Number 6 For This Useful Post:

triptolemus (2 Weeks Ago)