Thread: Motorola Motobridge G1-G4 Install & Configuration Guide with the Maintenance & Troubleshooting Guide

Thanks

Default Motorola Motobridge G1-G4 Install & Configuration Guide with the Maintenance & Troubleshooting Guide

With more Motobridge's coming into the used market, I figured these could be helpful.

Respectfully,
    Seth

2. The Following User Says Thank You to c17lvfd For This Useful Post:

moetorola (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Do you need software to configure these?

Thanks

Yes. I’ve opened a case with Motorola as the software isn’t available for download anymore.

There are Motobridge’s on eBay for just over 100 bucks. Will be interesting to play with.

Thanks,
    Seth

Thanks

I'll admit I do not know anything about these. With one Motobridge F2840B I can connect eight radios to it? Does it require any licensing? I assume the F2840B acts like a server and then on the computers you can install the software? Any licensing with that too?

Seems like an easy way to make a home radio console with all my radios.
    Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.

Thanks

Personally, I’m in the beginning stage learning about these as well. I want to make a uhf dmr to vhf p25 conventional cross patch. Seems like a pretty straight forward thing to do with one of these hopefully mitigating the double vocoder issues of cheaper cross band repeater solutions. Pretty sure these units were about 11-12k new so def worth the 100 bucks to try.

I can report more once I get the config tool. I already have cables for testing so hopefully not too long to have it up and running.

Seth

7. The Following User Says Thank You to c17lvfd For This Useful Post:

tuckerm (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

I worked for many years with these, and in fact I believe of the system may still be in use...

They are not easy to work with at all, the Radio Gateway Unit (R-GU) and the Workstation Gateway Unit (WS-GU) were required as a pair.. Internet connectivity was always flaky and
    software maintenance was hit or miss.. the Motobridge project was ended when they bought Twisted-Pair I believe..

Use Telex IP-223's or JPS NXU-2a units you will be much happier and have more hair..