Thread: Quantro/Quantar URIx Interface

Thanks

Default Quantro/Quantar URIx Interface

Hi All, 1st time user here, will keep it brief. I have a UHF Quantro with the 1/4Kw external PA, and trying to get my URIx to interface properly with the Quantro. Eliminating the URIx, and just having Pin #47 going to ground in a effort to have the Quantro key up is besides me, it just won't key up at all. The Quantro does keyup with RF input and acts like a normal repeater in every respect. But using the Telco connector only to key the radio, just wont work. This leads me to the WL card and the settings in the WL Routing tables area. For now I have EXT PTT in the Table, and the Action is KEY FROM WL and Inaction is DEKEY FROM WL. Shouldn't this make the Amphenol 50 Pin connector with it's Aux9 Input grounded cause the Quantro to key up? Both the WildCard Input and WildCard Output are set to defaults, and the Wireline Operations is set to 4 WIRE FULL DUPLEX. Maybe I'm missing something here. First Timer on Quantar/Quantro's - so excuse my newbie experiences here. Thanks, K6CV Chris Victor

Thanks

Is there an option for E&M keying? I think by using wire line, the station expects keying tones.

Thanks

I used a Northcomm Technologies cable to do the job. I did have to make a jumper from the 25 pin cable connector on the Northcomm cable to the URI to translate pinout differences.

The big thing is Northcomm supplies a document with wildcard settings that are required to make the various outputs and inputs active. It may not be the least expensive way but save a lot of frustration.

The current price on this cable is $109 on their web page.

Thanks

I think your answer is in here. Also I note that the PTT circuit requires an external jumper ( 50 pin telco pin 22 to 8)back into the station to pull up. PTT is via an opto isolator. RD Stat (carrier indicate) requires a pull down for the relay if fitted.

available on repeater builder site

QUANTAR INSTRUCTION MANUAL

68P81095E05-B

68P81090E99
    RA/RT CONFIGURATION
    (E & M KEYING)
    For Quantar and Quantro Stations

Thanks

Thanks to all who have replied, but in my sheer frustration, I just tried the pin 22 to pin 8 which is required for the opto to work, and then tied Aux 9 input to ground, and it won't transmit. So this leads me to a incapatibilty with the SCM & the WL card.

For the record, I have:

SCM Module: CLN6961D
    8WL Module: CLN6883B

Q: Are these compatible?

When I power up my recently acquired this UHF Quantar, it does it's normal blinking lights, and the Exciter comes up with TX Lock which is green (good)
    The SCM Module downloads some firmware code ( I guess) to the 8WL card, but then it's Station On light is solid green, but it also
    has the AUX LED blinking Green at me, and the WL card itself, alternates between the Red and Green led's on that card every few seconds.

This is telling me that something is not kosher with this setup.
    I have looked and looked for these module number on the 8WL card at various sites, but come up blank.

I do believe my SCM Module is a EPIC II card, requiring a EPIC II WL Card, but finding this 'CLN6883B" information turns up a dead-end.

Thanks in advance for any clues you may be able to pass on.

BTW: This is actual a 'QuanTro' with the external 225Watt UHF PA, but that shouldn't be any relevance, that I know of,
    to the basic SCM to 8WL card compatibility issue. Why 8WL card you ask? Will that gives me the 'enhanced' option in the Wireline Configuration
    which I need for this AllStar connectivity.

73's
    K6CV

Thanks

What are the eeproms on the WL card? 27C or 29C? (Need to be 29C)

Also, for Pin 9 to ground to work, did you verify the wildcard table for the PTT command?

Thanks

Thanks Phantom for your reply,
    For the Eproms on the CLN6883B 8WL card, (4 audio-transformers), they have a Moto Cryptic number on them of:

PC52552 U134-WL

PC52551 U135-WL

And both have the year 2000 on the labels. The '27C' or '29C' is not found on any of them.

As far as the Pin 9 WL Table, yes I have had several CP installed with no luck, and the last CP from a friend was from a working Quantar system that did interface just fine externally.

-cv

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

You'll have to peel the label up at the end that is closest to pin 1 of the chip to read the OEM memory part number.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

Thanks Astro-Spectra, they are
    ATMEL
    AT27C010
    15PI

So these s/b AT29's then to make them work with EPIC II ???
    -cv

Thanks

That's why the WL lights are flickering.

The AT27C010's are one-time programable, whereas the AT29C020's are flash roms. Essentially, the main board is trying to upgrade the WL card but can't since the proms aren't upgradeable. You'll need to swap them to an AT29C020.

prom images are available on W9CR's website as well