Thread: M7100 Recovery & Last ProGrammer R18 Firmware

Thanks

Default M7100 Recovery & Last ProGrammer R18 Firmware

Hi all,

Trying to recover an M7100 thatís lost itís feature/encryption data. I know that means my feature codes are toast but this was an analog only radio so itís not a big deal anyway.

To recover I need a radio code bin file, and ProGrammer doesnít come with any by default. Does anyone have the last firmware that was compatible with ProGrammer R18? I believe itís J2R11C02.

Thanks!

Thanks

Alright I got ahold of the proper code and dsp files.

However I believe this radio has one foot in the grave. Won't take tracking or feature data and recovery keeps failing when trying to erase EEPROM. Anybody have any ideas on how to bring this thing back from the edge? Or is it time to hunt for a new brick?

Thanks

If your functionality string is 01 DC 0D (example) you don't have to put the 0 at the end!
    There are tracking data in the program and you are not obliged to delete the EEPROM.

How did you go about recovering?

Thanks

What version of firmware is in this radio? Firmware above a certain point M7100 required RPM and not ProGrammer. The other indication may be the corruption of feature encryption/tracking data. Using ProGrammer on such a radio can yield this result.

Going from memory I believe J2R13 and above requires RPM.
    J2R11 and below required ProGrammer.

If your radio has J2R13 or above, there is a process to downgrade it to be ProGrammer compatible. But I believe there are files you need from RPM as the bootloader in the radio changed. Somewhere there is information floating around about this.

Cheers,
    SD.