Thread: EFJ5100 ES steady yellow light no receive

Thanks

Default EFJ5100 ES steady yellow light no receive

I have a UHF 380mhz EFJ 5100 ES that has a steady Yellow Light and has no receive. its actually as deaf as a post. I suspect a fault in the rf board recieve section. Anyone have any experience with this failure that could enlighten me

thanks
    Walt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kb3sbc View Post
    I have a UHF 380mhz EFJ 5100 ES that has a steady Yellow Light and has no receive. its actually as deaf as a post. I suspect a fault in the rf board recieve section. Anyone have any experience with this failure that could enlighten me

thanks
    Walt

Open the radio. Make sure none of the pins are bent on the connector. One of my 5100s has this issue. Evidentially when I put the housing back on I bent a pin. That usually means the radio is stuck in self test.
    RAS .......... Retard Avoidance System.

Thanks

Default still no luck

checked all connectors. radio transmits but doesn't receive and yellow light it on. I have the rf board from a good one in and its working fine. I guess I need to find a uhf 380 ver c rf board to get it running.

thanks anyway

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kb3sbc For This Useful Post:

com501 (Jun 12, 2020),Gtaman (Jun 12, 2020)

Thanks

The steady yellow light in your case, does it illuminate upon power on and stay lit or only light up when receiving w/o audio?

Thanks

Yellow... is a strange light to have stuck on. Are you sure it's not the green one?

EDIT: Further question - when you say it doesn't receive, does the radio boot up/land on a channel? If it does, it's passing self test, but may have other issues.

Green stuck on generally indicates it's receiving a carrier signal. If there's a major tuning issue, or the rf deck is bad, that is a possible symptom.