Thread: ISO Astro Spectra S-Records

Thanks

Default ISO Astro Spectra S-Records

Hello,

I'm looking for some Astro Spectra S-Records:

D04UJF9PW4AN
    800 W5 w/ P25 Trunking (Enhanced ID Display would be nice too)
    800 W4 w/ P25 Trunking (Enhanced ID Display would be nice too)
    (The radio has the correct firmware for P25T)

D04KKF9PW4AN
    VHF W4 w/ P25 conv and Enhanced ID display.

Also, is there a way to change the serial number back to what it's supposed to be once the new s-record is forced in?

Thank You!
    Jason

Thanks

The Internet is a big place. All of the things you seek are out there (or possibly here in some ancient post). Do some research -- then come back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PossumCop View Post
    The Internet is a big place. All of the things you seek are out there (or possibly here in some ancient post). Do some research -- then come back.
    I donít care if I get banned from this site, but with all due respect, go **** yourself. Iím so sick of seeing posts like this. You have no idea how much research I did or didnít do and your sarcastic reply makes you look like a huge douchebag. If you donít have the answer or what Iím looking for, STFU.

Have a nice one.
    Jason

Thanks

Whoa, dude. Jason. That's probably not the best way to ask for help on this or any other site. My reply was not intended to be sarcastic in any way and I see no reason to use foul language. We are all adults here and I respectfully request that you act like one.

Also, you are correct, I have no idea how much research you have done. I understand that it can be frustrating, but you're asking questions that have already been asked and answered here several times. The search function on this site is a bit sketchy, so you may get better results by using a standard Boolean search on Google and add "site:communications.support" at the end of your search statement. Doing so will narrow you search results to just this site. If you are not aware of it, there is a wealth of information about the Astro Spectra available on 'repeaterbuilder.com' as well.

The questions you asked, though, bring up a few interesting issues: First, the 800MHz radios you are asking about are nearly obsolete. They have serious problems with time-bomb capacitors and many cannot keep up with current system requirements, re-banding, encryption, and a whole slew of other issues. You can get them by the truckload on any of the auction sites for next to nothing because they are almost considered scrap. Nevertheless, s-records for the models you identified are generally available if you look for them. You may want to consider hex-editing or using FDb-tool on an existing s-record to get the results you are seeking.

Next, why on earth would you want to change the serial number? That serves no practical purpose unless you are trying to spoof an eBay buyer or a system administrator. Neither of those scenarios typically work out well. You may want to reconsider.

Good luck. Stay out of trouble and, yes, I've had a nice one. Thank you.

Astro Spectra is online now TĻ ∆S ō - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

And that's it for this mutual admiration society. No insulting members.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Astro Spectra For This Useful Post:

roboshark28 (2 Weeks Ago)