Thread: Help with: G474 Multi Radio Software

Thanks

Default Help with: G474 Multi Radio Software

Hi all i hope i am correct in saying that the G474 Multi Radio Software Option will allows you to control 2 XTL5000 mobiles from one W3 control head?

So my question is will this work with the 03 Control Microphone and if so what interface cable is need P/N or manual

Thanks

AK

P.S: Please No Politics like my from my last posting regarding P/N for a Impres MUC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k101 View Post
    ~ P.S: Please No Politics like my from my last posting regarding P/N for a Impres MUC
    Hahaha... well I'll try but I can't promise anything!

To answer your second question first: No, the only supported control head type is W3

From the info I've been able to dig up:

"Multi Radio Systems offer the ability to have more than one radio (known as the "brick") attached to the same control head. The bricks may be in the same or different bands and the primary or auxiliary radio can be selectively controlled alternately via the HHCH using the "Aux" button. Both bricks receive simultaneously and can be programmed to either TX simultaneously or on the selected radio only.

"Hot Red Receiver" allowed for one brick to be dedicated to monitoring one specific mode and switch control automatically on receive however the "Hot Red Receiver" option is not supported in ASTRO 25 radios and the "Multi Radio System Type" must be set to "Dual Radio"."
    Andrew

Thanks

I forgot to add...

I am guessing that the W3 is the only supported CH because the "Primary/Auxiliary" switching is being done in the TIB and the newer Odyssey TIBs don't have the necessary hardware, but that's only a guess?

Although it sounds plausible as the W3 TIB is unique to the W3, all other W-Series CHs use a second (different) TIB.

Perhaps it's because the Odyssey CHs aren't 'dumb' display units like the W-Series and can't be switched as simply?

EDIT: I think the cable required to connect the two radios would have to be a custom-made DB25 crossover cable (there is probably an OEM version but if I know Motorola (here come the politics) it'll cost ten times what you could make one for), something simular to simple a repeater cable.

I believe the two radios connect via the J5 connector on the brick without the CH, and the J6 connector on the one with, but I can't remember where I've seen this configuration and I can't find the info again (don't ya hate it when that happens)?

Hopefully someone else here can advise?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bigfella237; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Andrew

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfella237 View Post
    EDIT: I think the cable required to connect the two radios would have to be a custom-made DB25 crossover cable (there is probably an OEM version but if I know Motorola (here come the politics) it'll cost ten times what you could make one for), something simular to simple a repeater cable.
    According to the Dual Radio Instruction Manual, the option number for the dual radio cable kit is W845BA. It states that it's not available as a field upgrade and must be ordered from the factory at the time the radio is ordered.

EDIT: Disregard. I'm an idiot. I didn't read far enough. The part number is 3064426H01.

Thanks

Additionally, it looks like the cable connects to J5 on both radios. Then there's a connection for the 25-pin connector on the control head. Call it a Y-cable, if you will.

Yet another edit:
    If it'll make life any easier, I posted the manual here: https://www.p25.ca/threads/1894-XTL5...ruction-Manual
    Last edited by Delta_Xray; Dec 17, 2012 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks

Thank you! for your time and the Info, I will give the manual a read and go from there

AK

Thanks
    Thanked 6,631 Times in 1,889 Posts

Thread moved from Service/Parts ID to ASTRO25 forum.