Thread: All Call Receive Tone

Thanks

Default All Call Receive Tone

We use our "All Call" channel to call out for our teammates that are on the Quick Response Team. They are people that respond to health related calls like a paramedic does in public. We have the checkbox checked for call receive tone on this all call channel only. Our QRT teammates are asking if I can change that tone to something more noticeable or pronounced. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to create a new sound file named the same as the call receive tone file. I am having trouble playing the .mva files to figure out which file I need to recreate. Unless there is a different way to transmit an "alert" tone when initiating a call on our "all call" talkgroup. Thoughts??

Thanks
    Thanked 8,099 Times in 2,254 Posts

The tone is hard-coded into the firmware. You would need to transmit an in-band audio tone for additional alerting. Or just simply have someone key up, make the All-Call and hold down a DTMF key or something. Ghetto, but functional.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mars For This Useful Post:

PSEhub (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

We use Trbonet with "tone with PTT" and replace the god awful default siren "Alarm Tone" WAV file with a triple tone we whip up in Audacity, adding salt to taste. The tones often get cut off, so adding an extra short tone at very beginning of WAV helps for some reason.

I recommend also enabling and calibrating minimum volume setting in subscribers and testing with the tone, such that the tone is always audible when volume is turned down even if human voice isn't so much.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

Radioguy7268 (1 Week Ago)