Thread: Finding used EVX radios.

Thanks

Default Finding used EVX radios.

Are there any decent sources where one can purchase second hand EVX radios?, in particular the 539 portable and the 5300 mobile, mainly in VHF for LMR,... that is, besides the good old eBay?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

G.

Thanks

I think the options are going to remain somewhat limited, just based on how many units were sold/market share.

I also was a fan of the EVX series as a great entry level radio. The best option to replace an EVX-53x in terms of closest possible familiar look and feel and pricepoint is a Kenwood NX-1200/1300 or NX-3x20 series.

Both lines support ARC4 and the NX-3000 supports DES and AES-256

You can also leave the 16 channel switch stopper in or out which is super nice if you have zones over 16 channels. The list of benefits is very long

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PSEhub For This Useful Post:

SPECIAL_EYE (Aug 09, 2020)

Thanks

Thanks!

That makes sense... wasn't sure how much market share they had. Kenwood DMR gear is really hard to come by in the US... so, not sure what other alternatives are out there but to keep searching for surplus EVX stuff... some places still have new old stock, but they want an arm and a leg for something like a single band 8 channel mobile...

G.

Thanks

Over here we have a dealer that used to be a big Vertex seller before Motorola killed the EVX off. They bought a boatload of them when they were still available and still sell them but do not put them on display. Maybe you could find a similar dealer around you area?

They are getting hard to find unfortunatly. I've seen them on the 'bay but I would stay away from sellers located in China. I've seen some EVX-530 series for cheap but they looked beaten to death with bamboo

Thanks

I see, yeah, finding those might be a bit of a stretch... as they are not officially supported anymore... which is sad.

Would be nice to find a place, b/c like you said, some of those eBay offerings are beaten pretty bad. but you can find sometimes one, or two, that aren't too bad (or NOS)...

Thanks.

G.

Thanks

I may have an EVX VHF unit available. Drop me a PM.
    "Lets at least get some speed! Lets get to a hundred!" -J. Dewitte

8. The Following User Says Thank You to d119 For This Useful Post:

gMan1971 (3 Weeks Ago)