Thread: Motorola Support we can't understand you

Thanks

Default Motorola Support we can't understand you

I have been trying to get support on a SLR5700 repeater. The problem is all of the BS that you have to go through these days plus tech support people who cannot speak decent English. This has been going on for two days.

We had a service case that needed to be updated but could not do so since the person that gave they case number to the office repeated it six times a the office staff still could not understand them.

Keep in mind Motorola opened the case 4 hours after I received a call from the customer telling me that they had a problem.

It is a two hour drive to the customer site. spent one hour there working on the console and I was halfway back before Motorola opened a trouble case.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FMTRU140D For This Useful Post:

Avery Johannssenn (Aug 12, 2020),Mars (Aug 11, 2020),Notarola (Aug 12, 2020)

Thanks

Try asking here. maybe some one has seen the same issue or may have an insight into a possible solution.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

Number 6 (Aug 12, 2020)

Thanks

You put Edwina back in da bowl?

If you don't get it then your not a Steve Martin fan lol
    Officer Ogletree Officer Ogletree Officer Ogletree SIR Officer Ogletree Officer Ogletree PLEASE!

Sarjint I'm asking...no I'm DEMANDING a Lieutenant....Or a supervisor that outranks him....J Dewitte.

Thanks

At least you didn't have to call Fedex customer service and hear a Filipino working from home with a got damn rooster crowing in the background LOL

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to escomm For This Useful Post:

EM36 (4 Weeks Ago),Mars (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

I finally did get a call back and they actually answered my question. The bottom line is this, I knew that it would not work but asked the question since my boss was the person who wanted to know.

The question: Can we use the phone patch option on a SLR5700 to connect to a APX4500 to allow bridging between the P25 Trunking system and the DMR system using the accessory connector on the back of the repeater.

Don't even go there, I know it is foolish but that is what we run into sometimes from customers.

Motorola's answer was no based on the fact that the repeater would not know which time slot to send it to and the phone patch option would not work for this.

Any ideas from the forum.

My biggest problem these days is that I spend more time working with P25 equipment and programming than I do with DMR. I guess it is really not a problem since it guarantees a paycheck.

Thanks

You cant patch a whole system that way but you could patch a TRBO TG to a P25 TG. You wouldnt use the repeater though you would need 2 radios (TRBO and P25) also the audio would sond a bit crappy as you are decoding and encoding the audio from DMR to P25 and back.

Thanks

Even if you prefer to keep it all in the "digital realm" there's no way to take a 7200x4400 format DVSI codec and directly shove it at a system expecting 3600x2450 or vice versa, it's not just truncating or padding bits.
    The commercially available migration gateways and console subsystems (that are interfaced by CSSI or DFSI for P25/ASTRO25 and NAI Voice for DMR/TRBO) first linearize it out to 8-bit/8kHz PCM and then re-encode, which does eat up 2 talk paths for 1 call when running that way and adds latency.

The main usability concern with back-to-back radio patching, apart from double-vocoded audio fidelity loss, is that you introduce a channel access delay to the patched system unbeknownst to the user on the originating system (especially if Enhanced Channel Access is enabled or if it's a trunking system). This is worse if the users aren't already used to push, pause, talk.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRENT310 For This Useful Post:

escomm (3 Weeks Ago),Notarola (4 Weeks Ago),PSEhub (4 Weeks Ago),SPECIAL_EYE (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

I agree about the two radios. I knew that the only way it would work is the two radio situation crappy audio and all.

Thanks

To bad we can't get someone like JPS to do an NXU-2C (2B was just released) that instead of attaching to a control station, would be a client (and or server) to a CSSI / DFSI / DMR ASI to link various systems back to back via IP.

Thanks

I feel your pain. Love driving three hours each way to a Motorola dispatched service call, only to waste the day waiting for a callback that never comes from "Level 2" whatever that is. Although I have to say Motorola's crack support team has really helped me on my sodoku skills now that I started packing puzzle books in the work truck.

At least we get paid by the hour..Waiting or working, all pays the same.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zero8Man For This Useful Post:

escomm (2 Weeks Ago),ndp (3 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

I look at find the difference pictures.

Motos support has been on a steady decline for years. Now even the level2,3,4 ad-infinitum is almost useless. They often dont know what the issue is and try to steer you to what they want the issue to be. It is super rare to have to refer back to moto for anything and usually it is done for the sole purpose of having them replace rather than repair a piece of hardware that we know is truly defective.

All this could be avoided by simply hiring on real techs and engineers with experiance and cutting out this "its above your pay grade to know this " crap. BTW Moto is NOT the only company going \down this road. I have heard from reliable sources that Bearcom and some others are doing the same thing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notarola For This Useful Post:

com501 (2 Weeks Ago),phonebuff (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FMTRU140D View Post
    I finally did get a call back and they actually answered my question. The bottom line is this, I knew that it would not work but asked the question since my boss was the person who wanted to know.

The question: Can we use the phone patch option on a SLR5700 to connect to a APX4500 to allow bridging between the P25 Trunking system and the DMR system using the accessory connector on the back of the repeater.

Don't even go there, I know it is foolish but that is what we run into sometimes from customers.

Motorola's answer was no based on the fact that the repeater would not know which time slot to send it to and the phone patch option would not work for this.

Any ideas from the forum.

My biggest problem these days is that I spend more time working with P25 equipment and programming than I do with DMR. I guess it is really not a problem since it guarantees a paycheck.
    We have a permanent patch for a P25 TG to a DMR TG on one of our MCC7500 consoles. It seems to work pretty well.