Thread: Liberty FPP?

Thanks

Default Liberty FPP?

Does the Thales Liberty have FPP or an equivalent? I see in the PDF that its programmable from the "front panel menu". Is this the same thing? Thanks for any help.

Thanks

Yep. Though you're essentially editing the parameters of whatever "personality" (channel configuration) you have loaded into that channel position on the radio. In other words you can't just leave a half-dozen channels blank and expect to type in whatever you want on the fly - you have to have some kind of data in that channel for the radio to edit. I have a half a bank/zone with eight different "dummy" channel configurations so I can have a bunch of different channels I can make up at will. You can set any channel configuration to be FPP'able or not (so you can do as I have, and create a bunch of editable ones, but configure the rest of the zone as fixed, non-alterable data, so my dispatch channel etc aren't able to be messed with).

My radio is currently on its way back to Thales for a speaker issue or I'd explore the settings and describe them in detail for you. As I recall though you can set tx freq, rx freq, tone/NAC, and power levels, if not more options (and of course the display text), right from the radio display.

Caveat: this is only in conventional mode - I don't know how/if it extends to trunking.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for the reply. That clears things up a lot. Sounds like similar editable fields to Motorola FPP (freq, NAC, PL's, etc.) and I can confirm (at least based on Thales documents -- Not first hand) that trunking is not editable.