Thread: Looking for specs on Decibel Products DB-4192

Thanks

Default Looking for specs on Decibel Products DB-4192

Looking for specs on DB-4192 800mhz duplexer...Specifically interested in max power rating. If memory serves me, i think 300watts.
    My contingency plan for if/when the TTA fails.
    I have searched high an low for the specs and no go so far.

TIA!!

(Admin, move if there is a better location)
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.

Thanks

Enjoying some adult beverages after attacking some extra spiny bouganvillea with a pole mounted chainsaw and could use some exercising of the google-fu...

Are you sure that it is a duplexer? After 30 minutes of searching, the only reference I can find to mention "DB4192" is in a block diagram for the DB8981-P TTA as one of two "Shape Factored Filter" preseclector options depending on what band you ordered. DB4196 was the other option, which led me to a scan of a catalog page for "Shape Factored Filters 806-901". The catalog page omits the actual specs on the 4192 (of course), but it looks to follow the typical db model schemes and likely will handle 300w.

Attached catalog pages I found.DB8980-TTA.pdfDB4190-Filter.pdf

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TESTMODE For This Useful Post:

moetorola (1 Week Ago),roboshark28 (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

It definitely is a duplexer and I've seen it advertised as an "interdigital duplexer" but with no power rating.

Quote Originally Posted by TESTMODE View Post
    Enjoying some adult beverages after attacking some extra spiny bouganvillea with a pole mounted chainsaw and could use some exercising of the google-fu...

Are you sure that it is a duplexer? After 30 minutes of searching, the only reference I can find to mention "DB4192" is in a block diagram for the DB8981-P TTA as one of two "Shape Factored Filter" preseclector options depending on what band you ordered. DB4196 was the other option, which led me to a scan of a catalog page for "Shape Factored Filters 806-901". The catalog page omits the actual specs on the 4192 (of course), but it looks to follow the typical db model schemes and likely will handle 300w.

Attached catalog pages I found.DB8980-TTA.pdfDB4190-Filter.pdf

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CARC383 For This Useful Post:

moetorola (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CARC383 View Post
    It definitely is a duplexer and I've seen it advertised as an "interdigital duplexer" but with no power rating.
    Citation needed.

Thanks

There are several for sale now on fleabay and a 4192 consists of two indterdigital filters, one for TX band and one for RX band tied together with critical lengths of coax to a T adapter. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DECIBEL-MOD...YAAOSw0TxZapbx

Citation needed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CARC383 For This Useful Post:

moetorola (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CARC383 View Post
    There are several for sale now on fleabay and a 4192 consists of two indterdigital filters, one for TX band and one for RX band tied together with critical lengths of coax to a T adapter. https://www.ebay.com/itm/DECIBEL-MOD...YAAOSw0TxZapbx
    Correct. 4192 being the 806-824 low side.

If moetorola only has the 4192, he has a preselector, NOT a duplexer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TESTMODE For This Useful Post:

moetorola (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

Looks like the fleabay seller listed it wrong, one filter has a 4192 label but the whole unit as a duplexer has a different part # on the front panel that I can't make out. Looks like the split might be 815/855Mhz as wired for a duplexer.

Correct. 4192 being the 806-824 low side.

If moetorola only has the 4192, he has a preselector, NOT a duplexer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CARC383 For This Useful Post:

moetorola (1 Week Ago)

Thanks

AHHHHHHH,,,,,thanks guys.....you all got me on the right track. It appears the model i asked for from my partner in crime, he only gave me the model off the preselector only.

The chassis model is actually TDF6557A-A. I could not find that specific model, but one similar is 300watt.

Thankyou for you help gentlemen.
    Radio Referenced...Those who think they know it all are very annoying to those of use who do.