Thread: XTS3000 ASTRO25 FW/DSP Upgrade/Downgrade

Thanks

Default XTS3000 ASTRO25 FW/DSP Upgrade/Downgrade

I wanted to see if anyone on the forums is still able/willing to do the firmware update to get a 3k into the ASTRO25 capable firmware? Several years back Mars got this unit to the latest firmware/DSP which was great at that time but now there is nothing left around here on 3600. Would love to convert it to handle the 9600 trunking (scan) stuff. I searched and didn't see any current threads about it but I did see there were a few guys around (USA) that were able to perform the FW/DSP updates.

If anyone can I'd love to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,498 Times in 2,344 Posts

I'm still willing to do it, so long as it is not used for any public safety operations.

And just to confirm, this is an 800 MHz unit? That's the only band supported by the 9600 firmware.

I'd also include a full alignment. We can negotiate a fair price for that work. I would not charge for the firmware update. And in case my buddy from Oakbrook Terrace is reading this thread, we're talking about a 24-year-old radio here. No longer supported.

Thanks

Awesome! Thank you. If you'd prefer a PM I can try to do that. But here are the details. It's an 800MHz H09UCH9PW7BN model radio. It's owned by me and completely free and clear of any PS use or ownership.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,498 Times in 2,344 Posts

Unfortunately you do not have enough posts to use the PM function. You may email me at mars at P25 dot CA. I might take a day or two to get back, but I will respond.

If anyone else needs firmware updates done for old shit, including MTS/MCS, also feel free to send me an email. Please note I do not touch APX stuff and will ignore any emails about adding features to that product line. I will be the first to acknowledge Motorola is fucked in the head when it comes to customer service/ordering features, but I want nothing to do with that shit. I also don't program radios. I just fix/maintain them. I can remove ASK write-protect flags from older, second hand gear. I also do IMPRES charger updates.

I'm not a business, I'm just some *******.