Thread: EFJ 5100 900MHz and SmartNet/SmartZone

Thanks

Default EFJ 5100 900MHz and SmartNet/SmartZone

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully loaded a SmartNet or SmartZone system in a 900MHz 5100.

Thanks,
    apx-fail999

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

i am beginning to wonder if it was ever programmed in the back end code of the firmware to allow it. They seemed to have designed these radios to do multinet, and while we can enable options they never were intended to do, i think we have been lucky up to this point. Take into consideration the -10 Mhz FPP issue as an example of coding just not right. Even if we got the radios to take the control channels, i have my doubts as to if the radio would actually follow a system. I suspect the bandplan information is missing. With P25 we can enter a bandplan and i have seen reports that it atlas will program in. I dont think anyone here lives near a P25 TRS on 900 to test it out though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 Times in 664 Posts

I'm happy to say we have a few around here, and the 900 MHz P25 control channels seem to be OK, at least it seems it will take them!

I am going to try to enter one of these just for fun, although I'm not sure if anyone has figured out the talkgroups on any of them yet, so this may take a bit if I have to drag out my old Optocom and figure out the talkgroup structure. I've done it before, I can do it again if necessary.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

WOOHOO! Even better. Let us know what you find please.

Thanks

Anyone have any luck on this yet?

Thanks

I have been trying to get a frequency to play nice with the software in the Control Channel List Fields on a Smartnet System with no luck. If I can a frequency to play nice, I am sure that frequency can be hex edited into what it should be. Unfortunately I have had no luck yet finding a frequency that will be accepted in the Control Channel List Field! Will keep trying though.

Thanks

I tried to compare a 800 smartnet codeplug to a 900 smartnet codeplug to find an offset. In the 800 I found were to change the control channels, but haven't been able to do the same in the 900.