Thread: MCS-2000 Difference Between Front & Rear Control Head

Thanks

Default MCS-2000 Difference Between Front & Rear Control Head

Good Day All,

I've got three dual head cable setups for some MCS-2000 VHF High power drawers.

I've only got one rear control head but have some extra front control heads. I've done some forum searching and haven't found an answer as of yet as to the difference between the front and rear control heads. In my basic testing, I can't get two front heads to work in harmony together on a radio. A front and rear head work without issue. I've opened up both the front and rear control heads and found the boards to be identical in look and part number. I'm not seeing any jumpers or soft pads like the XTL-2500/5000 heads to swap between front and rear.

Assuming I haven't missed anything from a hardware standpoint, then the head must need to be flashed as a rear control head?? Does anyone have any insight into how to modify a front head to a rear head unit?

Respectfully,
    Seth

Thanks

I have no official answer, but having played with the MCS rear head once or twice. I think the microprocessors are programmed with a rear head address, similar to the W9 rear control heads. You can't adjust the volume from the a rear head either as I recall.

Thanks

I have the manual somewhere and will look for it