Thread: R06M03 and XG100M

Thanks

Default R06M03 and XG100M

Hey all you system admins, anybody hearing of or having problems with the new M03 bricking 100M's on reboot after the firmware installs? I know of at least one that bricked itself when it rebooted. Went into the infamous "Lost MRU" and is now completely unresponsive. Trying to determine if this is a isolated incident or if there is a real problem, before I proceed in upgrading mine. I upgraded a XG75M ICI version today without incident.

Thanks

Update - after hearing the sound of silence, which in this case I think is good, I went ahead and tried it out on one of mine. I was able to upgrade with out any issues. Mine has a CH721 head on it and was updated via serial. The one that I know that bricked was a very early production model with a CH100 on it updated via USB.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to orangekitty56 For This Useful Post:

Forts (2 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

Can you talk to the "dead" radio at all with serial? (Hyperterm / Putty / Procomm)

The CH100 is super fussy over FW compatibility with the radio. If you can talk to the radio via serial, you "should" be able to resurrect it.

Thanks

Not a radio owned by me, but good friend. But he is way more skilled at troubleshooting than I am.