Thread: PRC-6809 side connector

Thanks

Default PRC-6809 side connector

I know this a probably a long shot. Does anyone happen to have a schematic diagram of the PRC-6809 or PRC-148 (non-JEM) side connector? I have a PRC-6809 that fully passes the BIT, but the serial interface is no longer functioning properly. I've tried testing the radio with a serial monitoring program and the software indicates there is no communication from the radio.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

It's been a long time, but did you enable the side connector in one of the menus? By default, I thought the side connector was disabled to avoid inadvertent problems with moisture or metal shorting it out.

If the side connector is enabled there should be an icon with like 4 or 6 inverse dots on the display.

Thanks

Yes, the side connector was enabled and is disabled when not in use.The radio had no issue the last time is was programmed about a month ago.Now there is no longer any communication between it and the programming software. I tried 2 different programming cables and PC's and have verified that the computer com port settings are all working properly and that it's not an issue with the programming software configuration.The serial monitor software indicates no communication from the radio. I've tested a completely different radio and it's programming software configuration and the serial monitor software indicates there is proper communication and displays the resulting data.

There is no such corresponding communication data from the PRC-6809 when testing it while trying to program it via the programming software and programming cable.

Thanks

I'm getting a ControlHandShake error from the serial monitor program.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 184225.jpg