Thread: KNG P2 800 battery guage disappearing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 538 Posts

Default KNG P2 800 battery guage disappearing

Have a KNG P2 800 that is seldom used. It's actually a demo we loan out if an agency wants to buy something other than...you know.
    Anyway, two KAA0101 batteries, both of them do take a charge but no battery gauge, almost like an "IMPRES" battery needing conditioning behavior.
    On portable in test menu, under battery statistics, it shows "unavailable"

Radio is running 5.5.5.0b firmware
    Your streaming makes me AES-256. Keep it up and you'll soon have nothing to listen to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    Have a KNG P2 800 that is seldom used. It's actually a demo we loan out if an agency wants to buy something other than...you know.
    Anyway, two KAA0101 batteries, both of them do take a charge but no battery gauge, almost like an "IMPRES" battery needing conditioning behavior.
    On portable in test menu, under battery statistics, it shows "unavailable"

Radio is running 5.5.5.0b firmware

I have a similar issue. My battery gauge will not calibrate. If I charge the battery without running it down it will display 84% fully charged. After running the battery down to zero the gauge will disappear. The only way to get it to read accurately to let the radio completely die by itself. Iíve followed the BK instructions to get it to calibrate but itís not working. Rumor is there is a chip issue with the new batteries that is causing this odd behavior.
    RAS .......... Retard Avoidance System.