Thread: APX7k Bootloop

Thanks

Default APX7k Bootloop

I have a 7k that is stuck in bootloop. This radio will flash the keypad lights and red light on top, but will never fully power up. I tried replacing the control top and checked all connections inside. Does this sound like a VOCON issue?

Before anyone makes any assumptions, this is a legit factory radio without any BS hackery. I'm unable to identify the FW but would guess it's 19 or 20.

Thanks,
    S

Thanks

Were you listening/have you ever listened, to a trunked radio system with that radio?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wiredwrx View Post
    Were you listening/have you ever listened, to a trunked radio system with that radio?
    Yes, for daily operations. This is a department radio, not a personal unit. The unit has not been disabled.

Additional info, the CPS does not see the radio either.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 693 Posts

Thanks

This is not a DEV/ALT or parts built radio. The radio was purchased new through Motorola about 7 years ago and has been in service until this started. No hacking or other BS, just a real deal XE that went **** up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,073 Times in 486 Posts

If for whatever reason you dont want to update the CPS version in use the boot load loop can be fixed by installing the current tuner. When you connect to the radio to read it the latest drivers are installed. This fixes the bootloop. FYI the latest CPS 2.40.01 also has the correct and working drivers anything earlier and the drivers may give you the bootload loop.

Thanks

We have had a few corrupt Vocons on APX7000 that Im pretty sure had bad flash.

If you can order a replacement Vocon, there is a good chance that will fix it. But this may be more expensive than flat rate.

Thanks

I am good with updating to the latest FW, but the CPS will not see the radio. Pretty sure this one is heading to Mexico.