Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris Unity XG-100M

Thanks

Try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlsiufxy0c...P6A23.zip?dl=0

This firmware will upgrade your radio to match the RPM2 you are using. (Radio, CH100 and template versions will match.)

That said, the latest version is 10. So... you are a ways back. R6 was April 2018...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom For This Useful Post:

robertjglenn (6 Days Ago)

Thanks

I'll have to see if I have it. I may have to order it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertjglenn View Post
    I'll have to see if I have it. I may have to order it.
    What are you missing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    What are you missing?
    I was responding to rescue161's comment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
    The 9-pin serial port can be used to program CH-721 control head radios, but it will cause problems if you use that and you have a CH-100.
    This is a true statement. I have these 5 CH-100 head radios. I read them from the 9 pin serial port - mainly because I couldn't believe a $5000 radio could be programmed with a janky mini-USB cord from the Dollar General. When I eventually tried it didn't work because I had a firmware mismatch problem. Apparently when I used the 9 pin serial port to write the codeplug back, the radio thought it was a CH-721 control head and wouldn't boot all the way up. I could still read what was in the radio, but it wouldn't work.

Sadly I have to retype all these channels because of how Harris handles radio personalities. Is there a drag and drop like CPS?

I have a lot to learn about Harris. We have been servicing strictly Motorola since the beginning. Now with P25, there is no more vendor lock and my life is going to become more complicated.

Thanks

Just use the personality that you already made and just change the head to ch100. That or just make global sets so you can grab that instead of typing everything again. And sadly, there is no drag and drop, at least in RPM. We don't mess with RPM2 much as we only have a few XL series radios. Another thing that sucks is there is no move-to location. You have to inch-worm your way to the top of a list if you need to move a channel to another position. It is easier to just insert a new channel and delete the old one.