Thread: EFJ 5100/51SL encryption

Thanks

Default EFJ 5100/51SL encryption

Is there a way to have the radio unmute on an encrypted transmission?

Thanks

Not without the proper key

Thanks

This is the second time you asked about having a radio unmute on encrypted transmissions. Commercial gear is made to not unmute unless it has the proper key. If you really must hear garbled nonsense, buy a scanner.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 664 Posts

With Astro radios (I know this works at least with Astro Sabers/XTS3000) you can hit the "monitor" button if you really want to hear the gobledygook.

You can also hear the muted MDC blasts that way too (disables DOS muting)...

Thanks

Default Re: EFJ 5100/51SL encryption

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    With Astro radios (I know this works at least with Astro Sabers/XTS3000) you can hit the "monitor" button if you really want to hear the gobledygook.

You can also hear the muted MDC blasts that way too (disables DOS muting)...
    It works on the ASTRO25 line as well but I don't know why anyone would want to hear that garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

glugg blerrp mgnnge mertez traglfn

troydaniels No Longer Registered

That so-called garbage can be extremely useful. It can alert a person that law enforcement is in the vicinity and operating on an encrypted special ops channel. By monitoring the output frequencies of law enforcement encrypted radio transmissions, using attenuation, and having an antenna tuned to only receive nearby frequencies a person can be aware of when law enforcement is operating within 1/16 of a mile of the receiver. For me that garbage is gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    It works on the ASTRO25 line as well but I don't know why anyone would want to hear that garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 6,329 Times in 1,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by troydaniels View Post
    That so-called garbage can be extremely useful. It can alert a person that law enforcement is in the vicinity and operating on an encrypted special ops channel. By monitoring the output frequencies of law enforcement encrypted radio transmissions, using attenuation, and having an antenna tuned to only receive nearby frequencies a person can be aware of when law enforcement is operating within 1/16 of a mile of the receiver. For me that garbage is gold.
    Why? Are you a criminal? This board does not extend any sort of welcome to anyone involved in victimizing others/criminal activity.

Thanks

1/16 of a mile?? that would be like 300 ft .. If the Police were that close you don't have much time to run pal...